NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im from Belgium i drive a GT-6speed, and if youre looking for a FAST ride, thats The GT-TDI golf(name) from Volkswagen (dont know if you guys know them) but there kickass fast (at 1900rpm the turbo kicks in and you got the FULL potential from the engine), its a 1900 turbo-DIESEL engine withe standard 150hp and 320 nm, a friend of mine got one and put a powerbox one it (cost 400$), thats 40hp extra! with the standard 150hp i didnt stand a chance and now with his powerbox its a disaster (that thing drives over 260 km/h and has about 8 liters DIESEL consumption/100km), Im a diehard celicafan but this thing can even beat a GT-S (Trust me, we tried). And a GT-S is 192hp in Belgium. Do you Know these cars in the states, i wonder?

·
Registered
284 Posts
The North American TDI is a 1.9Liter 90 HP version. There is almost no way fo getting 200HP out of it. 150HP out of this engine is possible with a chip and some minor bolt ons. The 1.9Liter TDI engine you speak of is the P-D engine and its only available in European countries. From what I understand they have a compression ratio of 18.5:1 (yes 18.5) and are capable of putting down 320+ft-lbs of torque when chipped :bowdown: (sorry, but a Celica will never have that much torque).

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the standard 150hp version here in europe has standard 320+ft-lbs, my friend chipped it to 400+ft-lbs (400!) a porche 911 doesnt even have that torque. So this 150hp version is coming out in the states in +- 2 years? Antway thanks for some response, I dindnt think you guys knew this 'golf'. greets.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Heh heh....speaking of propane and diesels....

A big-ass truck (Ford F350) came to one of the dyno days that we had. It was a turbo-diesel engine with a huge propane tank strapped to the bed. He had a custom 5 inch exhaust all the way from the turbo to the tip.

He was making more than 400hp and over 1000 ft-lbs of torque. Crazy. He had set the car up so he could launch it in 4-wheel drive mode and then switch to rear-wheel once he was moving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts