NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into buying the Kazama voltage stabilizer, but since it works just like an audio capacitor, do they both do the same job? I'm wondering cause i already have a grounding kit and a Stinger audio 1 farad capacitor. And since the Kazama comes with a grounding kit also, is there anything the Kazama will do better or different than just having an audio capacitor and grounding wires? The reason why im looking into it cause im still having troubles with lights dimming when using other accessories.....any info or help on this will be great...thankx

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have a power cap in the boot for my audio, to be honest it does the job on the lights etc. its a 1 FH Auidoleads one.

There cheap 2nd hand and if u have big audio its worth it!

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,530 Posts
emotart said:
Get a bigger CAP
:werd: or go HO alternator

or turn the volume down...........

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Yea.. Our alternators arn't the strongest. But I think all those "voltage stabilizers" are bs.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,530 Posts
They are just capacitors.....

·
Registered
980 Posts
You're going to need a bigger cap for your amp or a higher amp alternator. I wouldn't bother with the voltage stabilizer because it's essentially the same thing but I've always found a bigger cap works out better.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hombredelassrta said:
also did u get a better battery?
I have an odyssey lightened battery but thats not the problem cause i had the same problem with my stock battery. Anyways i have a grounding kit, Stinger Platinum Battery terminals, and 1 farad capacitor. Im having problems with lights dimming even with the amp and stereo system all off. My capacitor has a feature where lights start blinking if it uses juice from the capacitor and ive noticed that it'll use the power from it when i hit the brakes or use my wipers or roll down my windows and thats when my lights tend to dim a little. My voltage also drop a pretty good amount on my gauge when hittin the brakes......

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
i have a similar issue but it only registers on my led lighting (custom dome light and the AC lights) they still dim from windows and such. also when i unlock the car and dome light comes on my cap comes on too. senses alittle voltage change w/ the battery

1 - 11 of 11 Posts