really?

·
Registered
128 Posts
yap

·
Registered
413 Posts
so will it control VVT-I on the GT's as well, or should we just stick to S-AFC if anything?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Fr0z3NAc1D said:
so will it control VVT-I on the GT's as well, or should we just stick to S-AFC if anything?
Would you control the vvt-i to make it more aggressive, possibly a more advanced timing profile?

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Apexi's Power FC will control EVERYTHING about VVTLi on the 2zz engine (and can most likely control everything about VVTi on the 1zz). The trick is finding a tuner with enough skills to utilize all these capabilities to its greatest potential.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
well The Long Beach GP is almost here. I wonder if we will see teh ECU modification from Split Second on the celebrity Celicas thsi year? I really wonder if they found out how to do it with all those Corporate Toyota resources.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Oh yea, my GT with more aggression...................:bowdown:

·
Registered
73 Posts
so i have an 01 GTS 6 spd..........if i wanted to get a vvtl-i controller, which one should i get, and what other things do i need? how would you recommend going about this?

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
umm did you read, there is no vvtl-i controller :) You could get a powerfc that would give you control of it but thats not its main function.. Just adding the powerfc would probably make you lose like 30hp before tuning. You would have to find a shop that is very good at tuning the powerfc and spend some big bucks to get it tuned to your car to yield any decent gains. The chances of being able to take advantage of a lower cam engagement is very slim unless your running some form of forced induction

·
Registered
593 Posts
Adding the power FC will not loose you any power. In fact provided you use high enough octane you will gain power even with the stock maps. Just ask the MR-S people who bought it. ;)

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
CIN said:
Adding the power FC will not loose you any power. In fact provided you use high enough octane you will gain power even with the stock maps. Just ask the MR-S people who bought it. ;)

without tuning just putting the powerfc on wont do anything

I almost want to say that the maps on the powerfc are not stock since it would be hard to get teh exact stock maps from toyota so they are probably close enough though to work in place of the original ecu, I just think without a little tuning right away your going to see a loss

·
Registered
593 Posts
You have to use high octane gas for the simple reason that the maps are optimized to run on japanese 100 octane. They are not the stock maps as on the Stock ECU.

Using low octane will make the engine knock since the PFC does not retard timing on knock.

I dont have first hand experience with it but people on the MR-S board with PFC say that there is a noticable power gain on the stock maps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts