NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, if you're like me, and still need the car after the dash has been taken completely out, you'll need to reinstall a few things to get the car running correctly again. First off..if you have an S-AFC...hook it back up and set it on the floor or something!! The car will not let you rev past 3k without it, since it won't have a MAF sensor signal anymore.
Next, instrument panel. Car won't let you enter lift (GT-S only) without it.
And blinkers will NOT come on unless you hook the hazard switch back up...thats what I've figured out so far...I'll let you know if there's any other problems.
I also have both air bags out of the car, and the air bag light is on..duh...just didn't want to take a chance with having one air bag hooked up, and the other not.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pic of a totally gutted interior for anyone that wants it...dunno how to host it...just pm me your email addy if you want it.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bolts for the actual dash piece? 2 on either side, a nut behind the instrument panel, and 2 bolts connected to the reinforcement bar by the glove compartment lock area...of course, you gotta also remove the ac controls, steering wheel, pass side airbag..etc etc etc

·
Registered
100 Posts
You guys are just gona have to get under there and look at em.
There are Alot! of screws and I believe the stering wheel must come off. This is not an afternoon job.
Start my removing the glove box (5min tops couple of screws) and you'll see how the dash is attached.
Good luck guys!

Im going to Dynamat the whole car tomorrow! wish me luck!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Complete with duct tape mod to hold the wiring harness to the reinforcement so that I can still have a passenger! hehe, woot woot!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Dude, what exactly are you planning on doing with the dash out? Stereo? Video? Just for fun?

This summer I'm pulling mine out, but I'm planning on taking the wiring and all out, too. I'm going to Dynamat the firewall and spray it, as well as re-wrap all the wires in the dash. Let us know how your project turns out.

Curt

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Doing it to paint the pieces mainly...and clean up all the wiring in the center area.
Rewrap the wiring? Why would you do that?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, sure am..everything plastic is getting repainted

1 - 13 of 13 Posts