NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know i know i ****ed up and accidently threw a gear goin from 3rd to 4rth and hit seccond. my motor is ticking like ive read in numerous other threads so im guessing it needs to be replaced but my question is i just bought the car and it is a 2002 gt with 80 000kms on it and was wondering if warranty will cover it??? or maybe dealer cus ive only had car for couple of days?? newb misstake

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
hold on there buddy, dont go on to replace your engine so soon. Diagnose the problem first. Do you have a cel? If you dont you may be ok still. Just do a compression test and a leakdown test to see if you really did bend some valves and that you are leaking. If your car is running fine with no performance loss and no cel, most likely you got lucky and nothing happened.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm well maybe your right but my concern is that there is deffintly somthing worng like the car sounds like its going to explode... im not a nebi to standerds cus thats all i ever driven but i jus got lazy and not paying attention i quess and miss shifted. but anyway ya i can get a comp test and see whats up but deff somthing wrong with it...when i miss shifted i quickly pushed cluth in and put it into forth and begun to notice the car making the the noise so i pulled over and poped the hood and the sound seemed to be coming from the valves? when i push clutch in sound goes pretty much away it still there but deff gets quiter.decelerating the sound gets loud and seems like at certain rpm sound dissapers around 3000

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh ya i never got an service engine light and seems like performance is still there. but i want to know if because ive only had the car a few days if i could get warrenty to cover it? or the dealer?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts