NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an '04 GT and recently noticed some water in my hatch, like where the spare is kept. Within that area I have an emergency kit that's completely molded over the winter. It's been an off and on issue for a while. But now I have noticed some water in my back passenger seat. My boyfriend sat in the back to complain how small it is and came out with his butt completely soaked.

Yes, I do have a sunroof and no it is not leaking. I've never once seen water (even when pouring outside) come into the car from the roof. That being said, has anyone ever had any issue with water coming in underneath their cars and soaking up the seats?

I'm baffled and sad because there is water spots in my Celica now :/:

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
The sun roof has 4 drain hoses the go down the A and C pillars
I had one leaking on the driver side rear that lead to my hatch being soaked. I'd check all those hose connections first. The most likely issue, some zip ties around the connections solved my leak

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've never had water on my seats but definitely in the spare tire area. It turned out that my tail light gasket was leaking because its mounting nuts were loose. Water would drip past it, eventually filling a body cavity inside the rear fender directly below the tail light. When that cavity got filled enough the water would slosh across the trunk under the carpet. I imagine it could slosh to the back seats.

Pop out your plastic tail light bulb replacing access panels and see if there's a pool of water down below the trunk carpet level. If so, it's an easy fix. I found there was a rubber plug of sorts at the bottom of the body panel so I pulled it out and drained a quart or two of water out! No issues since I tightened the nuts, and I went ahead and left the rubber plug out fyi. Good luck!

·
Registered
277 Posts
So I have an '04 GT and recently noticed some water in my hatch, like where the spare is kept. Within that area I have an emergency kit that's completely molded over the winter. It's been an off and on issue for a while. But now I have noticed some water in my back passenger seat. My boyfriend sat in the back to complain how small it is and came out with his butt completely soaked.

Yes, I do have a sunroof and no it is not leaking. I've never once seen water (even when pouring outside) come into the car from the roof. That being said, has anyone ever had any issue with water coming in underneath their cars and soaking up the seats?

I'm baffled and sad because there is water spots in my Celica now :/:

I also have water getting into my Celica in three locations: Front passenger lower quarter panel, rear passenger seat, and trunk. I've not been able to find where or how the water is getting in through. L

I've had this issue ongoing now for a few years. Kinda learned to just put up with it. Rarely have a passenger in back seat or even front seat for that matter. Would love to figure out though how water is getting in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
522 Posts
Water can come in around the sunroof and past the drains, or around the tail/marker light assemblies as explained above.
It can also seep in around the windshield and rear hatch seals. Once inside, it may seep down the A, B or C pillars (behind the plastic pieces) and pool on the front floor (A pillars), back floors (B pillars) or under the back seat/into the trunk well (C pillars).

It might be worth a look on the topside of the headliner to see if there are any water marks.

For reference - I have a 00 GTS parts car here that has a rusted sunroof bracket (that the seal mounts to). The slider mounting assembly is also loose (someone tried to pry the roof when it was stuck), so the roof does not seal tight all the time. If you close the door quickly, the sunroof pops up and down a bit. Water finds its way in easily on this car.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts