NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running water injection with their turbo's cars? was thinking of getting this as opposed to getting a bigger intercooler.. just going to be lil more for the water injection just wanting input.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Lots of alltrac guys run it because our stock intercooler is so damn tiny. Its a very effective knock deterrent. The aquamist systems have been around for a long time and have a great reputation.

I'm personally going with alcohol injection, but alcohol, water, or 50/50 mix are all great solutions to high boost knock prevention.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Originally posted by 00 scrub
Has anyone tried it NA and advanced their timing?
We have set up an alcohol system on one of our N/A cars. I dont think we made it to the dyno with it, but on the street it performed very well...

·
Registered
573 Posts
It's a good thing to lower your combustion chamber temperatures.

You can get some systems from: http://www.aquamist.co.uk/

But I don't know about their quality. Seems like they have a good reputation, but I don't know.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
turboceli2003 said:
wonder if water injection would give me more hp than the nx ntercooler spayer??
Water injection does not add horsepower, it cools combustion temps to prevent detonation when running higher boost and/or more timing.

·
Registered
573 Posts
The result is that you might be able to run higher boost safely than you can without water injection.

·
Registered
822 Posts
ok, ignorant question:

I thought it's bad to shoot water into an engine...please educate me on this

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Originally posted by mrtomcat
ok, ignorant question:

I thought it's bad to shoot water into an engine...please educate me on this
Little water = OK.

ALOT of water = bad.

·
Registered
772 Posts
does it evaporate before it gets into the combustion chamber, or does it make the fuel harder to ignite... therefore increasing "octane" in a cheesy kinda way?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Liqquid said:
does it evaporate before it gets into the combustion chamber, or does it make the fuel harder to ignite... therefore increasing "octane" in a cheesy kinda way?
Generally it evaporates in the intake manifold

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
and I take it water injection might also be a good safety device for big shot nitrous (200 direct port)?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Originally posted by Smaay
We have set up an alcohol system on one of our N/A cars. I dont think we made it to the dyno with it, but on the street it performed very well...
you guys used a top-end scanner with the stock ecu or Commander or FCDatalogit with PFC to monitor knock, right?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
QTRMLR_1 said:
you guys used a top-end scanner with the stock ecu or Commander or FCDatalogit with PFC to monitor knock, right?
alcohol prevents knock, it doesn't induce it.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
right I know that...just like the water, but I wanted to know if knock was monitored to see if there was a reduction in knock after using the alcohol injection...before and after?--assuming the car was tuned more aggresively like advanced ignition timing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts