NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I recently asked a mechanic to flush my coolant and to install my water temp sender in the drain plug on the engine block in the same time .. but he told me the adapter didn't have the right thread to fit .. So, I ended up not installing it as I didn't want to screw up the threads on the block!!! What's wrong?? As far as I know it should fit with adapter provided with the gauge!! Should I try it myself or buy another adapter to make sure I wont damage the threads ..

thx in advance!!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
It's better to have the sensor in the coolant out hose than in the block. There are a few ways to do it with custom fittings. The standard fittings are really for American engines.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Hmmm, so then something like these would work, right?

Now the question is, what size would fit our radiator hose properly? 30mm, 34mm, 36mm, or 38mm?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I was thinking of machining something like the 1st pic BB posted, but would that only give temp readings when the thermostat is open and flowing coolant through the radiator? Or does the the coolant system work differently?

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting new solutions .. The blitz thing looks to have a pretty big hole however to fit my little sender .. there's probably an adaptor or something provided with it .. (hard to see in that pix ..)

00 scrub said:
I was thinking of machining something like the 1st pic BB posted, but would that only give temp readings when the thermostat is open and flowing coolant through the radiator? Or does the the coolant system work differently?
I would believe it''ll give it all the time. The hose must be filled with coolant all the time IMO .. even when the coolant is not flowing .. Or, maybe i'm just wrong here ..

One side note .. with this kindda setup, there would be a bigger delay to know the temp has rise on our gauge, righ?? Dunno if its significant though ..

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SLOWICA said:
I have the Blitz cooling hose and it works really well...
What brand of gauge do you have?? Just want to know if a 1/8 npt sender would fit directly there ..

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Does anyone have a picture of this in their engine bay. I am thinking of buying one of these to install my gauge as well.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I just used a 1/8-27 NPT tap. It works fine.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Blue Bomber said:
Hmmm, so then something like these would work, right?

Now the question is, what size would fit our radiator hose properly? 30mm, 34mm, 36mm, or 38mm?
This is the question I always had....that was never resolved...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts