NewCelica.org Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 200 of 234 Posts

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,081 Posts
Anybody weighed the rear glass? I'm going to change mine for lexan very soon...just wondering how much of a good weight reduction mod that would be...?

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,081 Posts
^ Man i wish it really is something close to 40lbs as that would be an amazing bit of weight reduction :gap:

After my car is painted, I'm gonna take the hatch off and get lexan fitted...when i do, i'll be sure to weigh the glass for reference :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
^
please do! the trunk is freakn heavy, either its the large nature of the trunk or its the glass window. what site are you getting the Lexan fit from?

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,081 Posts
Yeah, it is pretty heavy I must admit... I'm getting the lexan from www.theplasticshop.co.uk as they have a cool/magical coating on the plastic that stops it from discolouring over time :gap:

It's just a crying shame that the Seibon CF hatch costs as much as a set of Piper cams, or otherwise I'd love to get that as well :( Damned UK losing the value of the

·
Registered
258 Posts
^
Yaeh the trunk is $$ but its worth it if your goal is to serious decrease weight.

Have you seen the John Hotchkis Celica? I wona get that Lexan window.

btw i was born in England, lived in London for 6 years and Mansfield for 8 :)
Funny thing is im a Manchester United Fan :)

nice to meet you!

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,081 Posts
Everyone here is a damn manchester united fan :chuckles: ...well, in london they are :p

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #190

·
Registered
2 Posts
Weight Reduction Reference Survey FAQ

how much weight are u saving without the side airbag?...well.in ur case. u might as well remove all airbag since they dun do jack anymore.. so how much weight are u saving without all the airbags?

and for ur original question, is it dangerous? now that u dun even have front airbags..i think its dangerous.. and u better invest in some good harness for ur seats.

but let say u lose 10-15 lbs for not having the airbags... u can easily achieve that that weight reduction by just getting some rims/tyre that are rougly a lb lighter than ur stock wheels.. again, this is from a weight reduction point of view. but if u want cool looking aftermarket seats..thats a different story.

·
Bring on the 12's...
6,081 Posts
Sound deadening material under the rear seats & spare wheel well, amount to a total of exactly 3kg.

Also, a mandrel bent axel-back exhaust + 18" x 6" rice can == 6kg off the weight of the stock axel-back.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Remove the Back TOW's under the car 1.30 KG (the hooks you can sue to pull somone with a rope.

List what i have done today (gonne do some more tomorrow)

Parts KG's
Spare Wheel 12.7
2x Tow Eyes Rear 1.3
Safety Belts rear 2.4
Trunk Cover 2.9
Rear seat cushions 2.9
Rear Carpets 1.05

Then i must be able to get an easy 8min59 or lower on the nurburgring nordschleife :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been Busey removing the damping under the seats

Before during work:)

After :D

after painting

Here is the total list of what i have removed

Spare Wheel 12.7 KG
2x Tow Eyes Rear 1.3 KG
Safety Belts rear 2.4 KG
Trunk Cover 2.9 KG
Rear Seat Cushions 2.9 KG
Rear Carpets 1.05 KG
Bitumen Rear 2 KG
Little plastic stuff 0.5 KG
front carpets 2 KG
rear seats 10 KG
rear tray+items 6 KG

ToTaL Weight loss 43.75KG

0-100 KMH 8.313 sec
0-160 KMH 21.225 sec

my 0-160 improved 2.825 seconds and my 0-100 0.529 seconds :D

* Tip Remove the plastic covers behind the seat at the ends of the chair rails :D

181 - 200 of 234 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.