NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody on here done any kind of weight reduction or just stripped out their interior. i know it helps your performance a little bit but i was wondering if anybody has done it and what their times are.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Ive taken out everything. Look at my sig. Also the only time Ive went to a track with the reduction was not worth talking about since the track was damp, 40 degrees, and a pretty big wind blowing straight in your face all day. There were 3 modded GTS down there and all we could run where 15.3s' :( Although my trap speed was about 1 mph faster. We were all launching at around 3000 so we could keep traction.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i've got carpet, backseat, all panels, spare tire, and that heavy ass flame retardent black sheet on my firewall. i haven't had a chance to run it at the track but there has to be at least a little difference .

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I ran a 14.4 with no backs of the back seat, no spare, and no jack. That was on the 7800 limiter. Since I changed the ECU and knocksensor I haven't stipped it once.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
re

2325 lbs for a gt-s ... wow!

I actually have a 6 lbs less exhaust, no spare and no backs on the back seat ... and I evaluate the weight to around 2433 lbs if I suppose 2500 lbs stock. To this weight, I can substract 20 lbs if I unbolt the exhaust and ?? lbs for the front passenger seat. Maybe 40 lbs for the front passenger seat?? So this would give 2373 lbs!! This is only my rough estimation and I can be wrong but there's around 50 lbs missing!! Umm ... did ya have your A/C removed ???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.