NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys i got a 02 GT-S thats makin a funky noise and i can't figure it out. It only seems to occur in low RPMs and it sounds exactly like a rock is in a tin can and your shaking around. My first thought was the clutch but it functions fine and the sound doesn't react when i push in the clutch which it usually would. Any input would be great Thanx Also my parents live on a gravel road so maybe a rock actually did get stuck up there somewhere?

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
heatshield bolt being loose and the heatshield rattling around? thats what ive been reading in this forum about engine noise

·
Registered
473 Posts
Check out the thread a few down from this one titled "Help with noise". Maybe brizzle you and I are all having the same problem. :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've just got a CAI . The card in a bicycle spoke kinda sounds like it. Mines goin for a check up on Mon. I just hope its not serious, i just got the car. Its only got 62k on the clock.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i think we might be having the same problem. Stay on the update

·
Registered
473 Posts
^ nothing on decel for me. I believe we all are having the same problem..the noise is just hard to describe. Let me know as soon as you guys figure it out, maybe I can save some $$ and fix it myself once you guys locate it :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah def not on decel for me either

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Mine sort-of makes noise like that when idling for a while. Kind of sounds like the valvetrain making noise, and it happens when my idle dips down to like 5-600 rpm. If it's idling anywhere above that, it purrs nicely. I bought some oil-additive that's supposed to clean and quiet that, and it worked for a while.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
are you talking about the noise that happens when u step on the gas and it goes tick tick tick...and then when ur driving at certain RPMS i think around like 3kish it ticks loud too and when u let off the gas..the sound dies down?

if it is, its one of ur rod bearins...any misshifts or high revving?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
haha your HIlarious guys... do you really think its one of the rod bearings? is that costly to fix?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Ch33z said:
Brizzle said:
yea it stops as soon as my foot lets off the gass.....

we need to start a club
:chuckles:

www.newcelicaproblems.org ? :thumbup:
001s2000 said:
are you talking about the noise that happens when u step on the gas and it goes tick tick tick...and then when ur driving at certain RPMS i think around like 3kish it ticks loud too and when u let off the gas..the sound dies down?

if it is, its one of ur rod bearins...any misshifts or high revving?
ive been told that a few times.....no misshifts and only the normal aggressive driving but never past redline.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts