NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if this would be consider a problam. but last night...

i was messing around and my friend just peeled out so i am like hell, why not. so i dumped my clutch at 4000. normally i'll peel like crazy already, but this time it didnt. when the clutch was let off completely my car was not moving for the next 2 seconds or so and than it just took off like a normal take off, no peel. and than i smelled the clutch really bad.

i want to know what was going on during those 2 seconds. there was absolutly no bog no nothing. so i hope there was nothing wrong. any input would be nice. thanks guys

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
isnt there a way that i could test if it is slipping, because i really have no idea what it feels like when it's slipping. i've read somewhere about goign at low speed and stick it into 5th and floor it. if your rpm's jump up than it's slipping. or somehing along that line. i try'ed that it didnt do anything. so is there another way of testing it out?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I think one way to test it is to put it in 5th and try to take off from a stop. That would put stress on the cluth enough to slip if it is going to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts