NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got kyb agx shocks and a set of hotchkis springs. my cars shocks are shot so i cant wate till i get them. how do you think they will ride and is that a good set up?? also what else should i get strutbar?? sways?? give me some ideas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,225 Posts
That'll ride nice with a good look.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,002 Posts
Happy Birthday! If your car is going to be lowered or is lowered U should get a front mount strut bar! Either go with APR or a Rod Millen strut. I had a Rod Millen strut and I liked it but it just looked too simple cause they dont come in a poilished chrome look. I now own an APR strut bar and it has the looks and performance that I was looking for! And I dont know about KYB cause I never bought one but Ive heard nothing bad about them. And if your wondering what I have. I own the Tein SS with damper kit. If you got the money to spend then go with Teins. If not! Go stick with KYB cause of its good reputation and price and I know some friends who has it in there ride and they like it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,645 Posts
Joey03_VVT-I said:
Happy Birthday! If your car is going to be lowered or is lowered U should get a front mount strut bar! Either go with APR or a Rod Millen strut. I had a Rod Millen strut and I liked it but it just looked too simple cause they dont come in a poilished chrome look. I now own an APR strut bar and it has the looks and performance that I was looking for! And I dont know about KYB cause I never bought one but Ive heard nothing bad about them. And if your wondering what I have. I own the Tein SS with damper kit. If you got the money to spend then go with Teins. If not! Go stick with KYB cause of its good reputation and price and I know some friends who has it in there ride and they like it!
A Bar is a bar, is it not? it does the same thing as any other bar. apr, hypermotive, megan etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,050 Posts
Carbonized_GT said:
A Bar is a bar, is it not? it does the same thing as any other bar. apr, hypermotive, megan etc.
True unless, its JDM yo!!! Personally I like the look of beatrush, which it why I got it. Apr is ok.. It creaks after about of a month install and no the pillow bolts werent loose
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,225 Posts
Man if you weren't in NJ we could party, mine is on july 4th. Yea just get a front, whatever is in your budget and you can find
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,199 Posts
SickCelica696 said:
Man if you weren't in NJ we could party, mine is on july 4th. Yea just get a front, whatever is in your budget and you can find
Wow mine's is this coming JULY 6.... :eatpop:
 

·
12+ years daily driver
Joined
·
8,599 Posts
Carbonized_GT said:
A Bar is a bar, is it not? it does the same thing as any other bar. apr, hypermotive, megan etc.
A bar is not just a bar.

You have to look at how it was designed. The best ones out there are the ones that are all welded and have no bolt together parts on the ends into the center "bar" piece.

APR and RMM are on a different level than megan racing. Personally I have spent money on Megan bars in the past, and can vouch for their worthlessness. Sure its a little better than not having anything, but your money would be well spent elsewhere.


oh and Happy Birthday!
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top