NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally, GEICO and us came to an agreement, the celica had to go......from the policy that is, and they will keep my other vehicles insured at the old rate and backdate the coverage. Well, now my celica is insured with progressive for 6 months, until I can find a better deal and some stuff on my consumer report is fixed. So....no mods for a while, my monthly insurance just for the celi went up about $55 extra per month. But hey at least I still have cheap insurance for my other cars.

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
Insurance companies are rip off artists. Of ALL the industries in the world (including monopolies and utilities) I think that the insurance industry is the one that should be MOST regulated by the government, because they are the most capricious with there pricing policies.

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell me about it....what pisses me off is:
1. you HAVE to have insurance to register your car, by law
2. when you file a claim the ins. co. tries to cheap out
3. when you change ins. co's, the claims affect your new rate
4. the reported claims show up incorrectly in your report
5. ASSUMPTIONS

so you're f'd if you do, you're f'd if you don't......

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
try getting a rate from erie. who's that you may ask? it the insurance company I use, because they keep their rates low by not advertising. :thumbup:

(wow, did that sound like a sale's pitch or what?)

my family has 5 cars insured on our plan. 5 cars for one year = $6k (of which my celi is $3k :wtc: )

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
wow, 6K for the year.....I have 4 cars.......I'll check them out and if they are cheaper than Progressive, I'll call and cancel. For some odd reason the celica is the one that makes up most of an insurance policy's cost. Is it because they think it's a "high-performance vehicle" because if that's the case...[tapping on GEICO's forehead] HELLO!!! IT'S NOT A FREAKING VIPER! ooohh 180hp and ~140lbs/tq of pavement pounding force... [/tapping]

sheesh :rolleyes:

u guys think I'm bitter? :chuckles:

·
It is known.
8,236 Posts
jen have a beater as well eric?

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's kinda of a complicated story, with 1 of the cars we have an agreement with someone else who's paying for it. technically we dont have any other cars besides the Avalon and celi, although I can sorta say I have a corolla too, but my cousin is driving it.....not for long if he keeps parking in no parking zones...:mad:

·
It is known.
8,236 Posts
that makes 3 ;)

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I need to add the SAAB to my policy sson. Preferably before Progressive finds out about the "other" reckless driving ticket.

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
Take a look at Erie. We just switched when we bought the house.

Used to have Travelers for auto, renters, and jewelry. After the switch we pay $4 less/mo. while switching renters to a higher home owners policy.

Don't hold me to it, but I think that we pay just south of $2k for a year, all told.

·
Registered
12,703 Posts
TOOL said:
try getting a rate from erie. who's that you may ask? it the insurance company I use, because they keep their rates low by not advertising. :thumbup:
I have Erie as well. They are awesome. My Lightning only cost me $462 a year. Yes, I said year, not 6 months. Can't beat that with a stick. Weird part is my 4Runner is $447 a year. Hmm, so it's worth 1/5 as much and is 8 years older, and that only saves me $15. I think mostly becasue it's Japanese versus the Ford and the parts cost a lot more. Case in point: WRX is $515 a year. Still not bad though. With all 3 cars (including the Prelude) my annual premium is $1279. If I sell the Prelude it will go down to $1153. Still dirt cheap in the overall scheme of things.

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmmm, I guess I'll give an Erie agent a call, cuz from what I see that's how they do insurance policies and quotes.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
yeah, I have progressive and only my celica. I pay 325/mo.!!! That's right, a month I'm going to call erie also. Anyone have the # off hand?

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Currently, if I was to stay with Progressive it would be like $120/mo., but from what I see how shady ins. co's are, who lives in your house, how many claims you had in the last 3 years, lenght as a driver, all matters to them and will change your monthly premium.....just go to www.erie-insurance.com and find an agent. I MIGHT do that if I have the time today.....

·
Registered
747 Posts
...also with Erie (cars & homeowners),, I did comparisons before xmas and Erie remains the best choice for my situation.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts