NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I'm turning 24 and realize that my 4 month old Celica w/8K miles on it, might not be for me anymore, I'm getting older now and when I went and test drove the 2004 TSX 6 speed Navi with my lady, I realize I need to settle down, I need a 4 door. The Celica IMHO is still the most beautiful, one of the best handling and best overall sports coupe on the market!

I paid a little under 26K for the Celica OTD, currently I owe about 18K on it thanks to my 7K down payment. My payments are about 380 a month, If I can't get any of my buddies to take it off my hands, $3-4K and take over payment I'm gonna probably inquire to trade it in on a 2003 Tundra for my dad, he deserves a new truck anyways.

I will then drive around our family extra car, 1994 Lexus ES300 for a month or two, sell that along with my dad's current truck, 1994 T100 and use the money for a downpayment on one of these:

2004 TSX 6 speed Navigation
2004 WRX 5 speed w/Premium Package
2004 Audi A4 1.8T

So yeah.... the Celica might be gone.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I thought it was bad that I decided that the celi is too small for me after having it for 3 years. damn I would have shot myself if I decided I didn't like the small car after only 4 months.

·
Registered
462 Posts
It's your money and your car but think about it man, you loose lots of money if you get rid of the cars soo quick. 4 months.....its nothing...its still brand new.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
RevHappy.. my friend Hapa88 w/ the Jetta 1.8t says you're pretty quick with your 03 celica.. you should keep it man. Trading in or selling a celica only after 4 months is a huge waste of money. Talk about not looking ahead in the future.. if you're thinking about growing up and settling down, you also need to make wise decisions.

IMHO, selling a car after 4 months is NOT wise. Since you already have a Lexus ES300 as an extra car, AND its a sedan, why don't you drive that around and keep your celica for a weekend car.

I'm 24 and still learning about alot of things and becoming more mature but sometimes you gotta weigh the pros and cons.

Ask yourself, why do you really want a new car? It might be because you are bored with your own car and you just want something new. Your options for a new car don't really have anything up on the ES300 except for maybe a navigation, which.. DO YOU REALLY NEED? The TSX wont be an increase in performance, the WRX will be, but its a small sedan, which kinda goes away from settling down (having kids..).

I dunno, i just really think you should keep the celica, you might regret letting it go.

·
Registered
910 Posts
hey even married people gotta have fun on weekends right? id say be sure to think about it first..god luck:)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Hmm, I turning 26 soon and getting married in Oct. and I just replaced my Celica with a Miata (end of 3yr lease). I must be way ahead on the maturing thing and entering my mid-life crisis already.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Chiznarles said:
RevHappy.. my friend Hapa88 w/ the Jetta 1.8t says you're pretty quick with your 03 celica.. you should keep it man. Trading in or selling a celica only after 4 months is a huge waste of money. Talk about not looking ahead in the future.. if you're thinking about growing up and settling down, you also need to make wise decisions.

IMHO, selling a car after 4 months is NOT wise. Since you already have a Lexus ES300 as an extra car, AND its a sedan, why don't you drive that around and keep your celica for a weekend car.

I'm 24 and still learning about alot of things and becoming more mature but sometimes you gotta weigh the pros and cons.

Ask yourself, why do you really want a new car? It might be because you are bored with your own car and you just want something new. Your options for a new car don't really have anything up on the ES300 except for maybe a navigation, which.. DO YOU REALLY NEED? The TSX wont be an increase in performance, the WRX will be, but its a small sedan, which kinda goes away from settling down (having kids..).

I dunno, i just really think you should keep the celica, you might regret letting it go.
very well said Chiznarles.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
keep the celi! :)

but when i placed myself in your spot i thought about it and the only major reason i'd want to sell it is so i could buy my dad a new truck... you don't need a 4 door to 'settle down' esp. when you don't have kids yet.. even if you do (babies), then you can fit car seats back there probably..

i wouldn't do it unless you really want to get that truck for your dad... tough decision :(

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.