NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which intake is better for the GT 5 speed? The reason I'm not getting TPR is because I PMed easyc and he said they are not taking orders right now because the shop doesn't have the materials or something and he still has to send out other orders, and I don't want to wait.


So which intake would be best for the GT? My friend has an Injen on his GT, and while it sounds great, I'm not sure what the gains are.

Thanks! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
R0ME02984 said:
Injen all the way! I'd get the CAI

Yeah I'm going to get the CAI, but what is the main difference between the CAI and SRI?


Also, what are pros and cons of both the Injen and AEM intake for the GT? I have heard that the Injen is better for the GT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I

I found an Injen CAI on everythingcelica.com for $205 shipped. Seems like a great deal, should I buy from them? Is there any other cheaper place to get it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by jl2fast4u
I found an Injen CAI on everythingcelica.com for $205 shipped. Seems like a great deal, should I buy from them? Is there any other cheaper place to get it?
dont order from there:chuckles:

second, the Injen has a higher peak power by 2 hp i think than AEM, BUT aem has a better powerband overall. Injen causes you to lose power down low. Its a toss up. But AEM would be my first suggestion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
dont order from there:chuckles:

second, the Injen has a higher peak power by 2 hp i think than AEM, BUT aem has a better powerband overall. Injen causes you to lose power down low. Its a toss up. But AEM would be my first suggestion.

Really? I thought Injen was supposed to be better for the GT and AEM better for the GTS?


Also, why shouldn't I order from issac? A lot of people have ordered from him and had no problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,151 Posts
Samus said:
Hold your breath and wait for the TRP,its worth it.
Buy a header or save up your cash.

:werd:
I'm waiting myself for the TRP. Yea... it seems like they're having problems with getting the materials and stuff, but I'm sure it'll be worth it at the end. unless your really anxious, I would save up my money. By the way, how much do headers go for and how much hp gain would I get with a 2000 gt-s?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,946 Posts
ok

OK first off its TPR and not TRP, lol, and if you have a GT like me you will probly have hella problems with injen, and aem and the damn CEL, not to mention bogging. but its your cash bro.
 

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
Joined
·
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by jl2fast4u
Really? I thought Injen was supposed to be better for the GT and AEM better for the GTS?
With the GT, Injen and AEM are basically neck and neck. It seems that the main restriciton is the head, so it creates a bottleneck, making all intakes perform about the same (even probably TPR). The main advantages the TPR CAI has over Injen and AEM is that it won't cause bogging, it's cheaper, and it's way more durable (stainless steel instead of aluminum).
Originally posted by jl2fast4u
Also, why shouldn't I order from issac? A lot of people have ordered from him and had no problems.
Search more and you'll see that a good percentage of his customers are VERY unsatisifed. Emails never answered, products never received, damage products never replaced. :thumbdown
Originally posted by Tuppuguy
By the way, how much do headers go for and how much hp gain would I get with a 2000 gt-s?
Headers are about $300-800 (DC, TRD, Trial), and gain about 0-4hp. Wait for TPR's dynos on its upcoming long tube race header and midpipe. Completely different design than any other header out there (more than 2x as long, and a true 4-2-1 design! :thumbup: ). Expecting 2-3x more power than your average header at the very least, and with very competitive pricing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Blue Bomber said:
With the GT, Injen and AEM are basically neck and neck. It seems that the main restriciton is the head, so it creates a bottleneck, making all intakes perform about the same (even probably TPR). The main advantage the TPR CAI has over Injen and AEM is that it won't cause bogging.

What is bogging?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
656 Posts
Injen and AEM don't always cause bogging or a CEL. I have an AEM cai and I've had no problems with it ( bogging or CEL) and i've had it on my car for about 2 years. The TPR guys tend to bash every other intake out. I think it just depends how good you install your intake, like make sure you have your hoses connected right and everything plugged up.

Originally posted by jl2fast4u
I'm going to go with the injen. How hard is it to install?



Also, does it sound good in high rpm's?
It's not that hard to install if your somewhat mechanically inclined but if you have no idea what your doing just get a friend to help you with it.

It sounds awesome in high RPM's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
black02gt said:
Injen and AEM don't always cause bogging or a CEL. I have an AEM cai and I've had no problems with it ( bogging or CEL) and i've had it on my car for about 2 years. The TPR guys tend to bash every other intake out. I think it just depends how good you install your intake, like make sure you have your hoses connected right and everything plugged up.



It's not that hard to install if your somewhat mechanically inclined but if you have no idea what your doing just get a friend to help you with it.

It sounds awesome in high RPM's

So you have the AEM, and you have a GT, so what do you recommend I get (AEM or Injen?) Right now the injen Race division CAI is on sale for $205 shipped and the AEM is $225 plus shipping.
 

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
Joined
·
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by jl2fast4u
What is bogging?
Bogging is when you step on the gas and the car doesn't move for 1-3 seconds. It's caused by the incorrect design of every other intake out there except TPR, making the engine run too lean (sometimes leading to CELs that can only be eliminated by reinstalling the stock airbox). It can also cause dips in power in midrange, as well.
Originally posted by black02gt
Injen and AEM don't always cause bogging or a CEL. I have an AEM cai and I've had no problems with it ( bogging or CEL) and i've had it on my car for about 2 years. The TPR guys tend to bash every other intake out. I think it just depends how good you install your intake, like make sure you have your hoses connected right and everything plugged up.
True that it doesn't happen to everyone, but if it does happen to you, you'll be rather annoyed with it and try everything you can to get rid of it. A good 50% or more of TPR's CAI customers have had bogging and CEL problems with their AEM, Injen, RMM, etc. CAIs and SRIs. The others don't even want to have a chance at bogging with the above intakes, so they bypass the potential problem completely.

Installing the CAI properly doesn't have anything to do with bogging. Incorrect installation leads to CELs, due to improper installation of the vacuum or EVAP systems. Incorrect installation of the VSV hose on the side of the intake piping won't throw a CEL or cause any performance problems, but will eventually wreck the VSV valve with all the dust and dirt ingested, causing emissions problems (valve is used to suck in air for the charcoal canister and fuel tank). The only other thing that can cause bogging is a dirty MAFS, but cleaning it is usually the first step people take to stop the problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
371 Posts
I hope they redesign the TPR for the GT... dynos showed poor gains on a GT... Not even worth the $180 and shipping for minimal gains.
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top