NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was going through a street ive never been down before went over this hill and what time my eyes a a huge puddle. I couldnt back up cause i had cars flying behind me. I have a Short Ram intake. The actual computer infront of the battery has water in it. Im gonna get a hair dryer and get all that decent. All the plugs going to the computer was soaked. The intake however was still dry. Inside the throttle body dry. I threw the car immediatly in nuetral as i went through it so I wasnt soaking in air. The car is making a weird like Wrx sound like its missing. I blew on the connectors and sockets but there is still a bit on bottom of the plastic. I know it has something to do with the computer because my damn wiper blades dont stop I had to pull the fuse. Im gonna drain the oil even though there isnt a milky residue and the filter and pull the spark plugs and crack it to be on the safe side. I drove the car home for a good 20 miles. The car still hits lift perfectly. But does had a bit of hesitation Im thinking maf . I also felt inside the intake tube no water. So this is a puzzle to me . Ive already put a motor in this thing before for sucking up water and it doesnt seem like that. Before I started the car up I let it sit for 10 mins and it cranked with no problem. Input please guys. :crazy2:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea im gonna wait till tomorrow and see how everything works out when I start it up for work. Time will tell I dont think anything is wrong with the motor istelf just a wet electrical system. Cause I can actually see water at the bottom of the computer. I went over the Walt Witman bridge like that and that thing is steep haha. But if there was water in the motor I would have sent a connecting rod right through the block.

·
Registered
288 Posts
must have been quite some puddle

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Figured out the problem hooked up my Snap On OBD2 tool and read the parameters everything seemed but I scrolled to the scan tool codes came up misfire clyinder 1. Pulled the boot off the coil pack and powder fell in my hand lol im gonna go out today and get another spring. Guess when the water hit it arched.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts