NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wont discuss my horrible times though.......... my first time running the celica ever....

ok ill discuss my times... hehe...

first to start... my transmissions is messed up (i dont know why i even ran it ) but every time i shift into second the gear grinds like crazy. 3rd does pretty much the same thing too, just not as harsh as 2nd. And this has got to be slowing my down alot
and im 4000k miles since my last oil change.

heres my mods:

act 6 puk
fidanza flywheel
killerms tourqe brace
bills motor mount
RMM Intake
custome axle back exhast

my first run... i dumped my clutch at 4500rpm (big mistake) on street tires with 33psi i spun all the way through 2nd. second gear grinded and 3rd kinda sliped in ok but it wasnt a smooth shift and i ran a 16.5 =(

my second run, i lowerd my tire pressure to 28psi in the front, i gradually dumped the clutch at 2500rpm. I got decent traction this time, i only spun wheels for a second, and gripped well. but when it was time to shift into 2nd it grinded so bad it really didnt want to go in right away, then it finally went in.. 3rd gear worked ok... i got good lift in all my shifts, i chirped 2nd and 3rd gears and ran a 15.3

im pissed..

my reaction times were really good at .3 - .4 on both runs, but some dissapointed in my times...

im putting the car in the shop and having toyota finally fix my tranny under warranty and while they are at it im going to have them put a trd helica LSD in... they can get it for me for $613.

do you guys think ill be in the low 14s once i get this fixed?

and does grinding your gears becasue of bad sincros really mess up your times?

thanks

·
Registered
863 Posts
I had that problem a long time ago....with the grinding :(

You might trying launching a little higher.. We just have an 1/8 mile track locally but my best times were when I just gave it hell off the line somehow :p

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
play with the clutch more, rev higher but instead of playing with the gas when you launch, play with the clutch. o wait, you have a clutch and flywheel. well all i can say is yea practice and play with it more, cause launching down that low is very low, you can definitely launch higher.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so at the track ... dont just floor it right away? gradually give it more and more to WOT? just so i can keep traction... keep in mind that my motor does not even twist cause of my mounts.. and the fidaza and the 6 PUK clutch...

this is a very tricky setup...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.