NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the life of me, I can't find the fuse for my power mirrors. I tried to move my mirrors this morning, and nothing. I looked through the fusing labels, and "POWER MIRRORS" didn't pop out at me. Is there a fuse, or a stupid fusible link that I have to bypass? Thanks in advance.

Curt

PS, I just went out to re-check fuses. All are good. Everything else in the car works, just not the stupid mirrors.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well, I don't know if my head-unit doesn't work or not. Since I have my stereo installed, I an isolated power system for the stereo. This means that my head-unit is running off a fuse in the rear of the car (the fusing is under the cup holder:)). I'll check those big fuses. Wish me luck in finding one. If it is blown, anyone know a cheap place to get them? And please don't say the dealership.

Curt

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked all the fuses in the passenger compartment, and they are all good. There are two things I can think might have happened:

1. The switch is bad. If so, I'd buy another

2. I blew a fusible link. If so, I get to hotwire it. :)

Any other input on this would be appreciated. Thanks.

Curt

·
Registered
425 Posts
I don't think Fusible links are used very much any more. The fuse should be a 7.5 amp fuse that has like 6 prongs on it located behind a panel by the passengers feet in the center consel. Check it carefully. I had one blow on me once, and at first glance it looked fine, but make sure you check it over carefully, it has a number of spots were it could blow.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, circuit tester time. I'm going outside to check right now. :)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I tested EVERY fuse under the hood and inside the car with my circuit tester. WTF. I'm too lazy today to start pulling my door back apart, but please keep the ideas comming. I appreciate the help so far.

Curt

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
you did check and doublecheck the monster fuses in the passenger side center console? the brown ones?

because I had mine go out, and my power mirrors didn't work, along w/stereo and a couple other things.

the fuse was like $7 from the dealer

can't find the part # .. i'm at work.. i'll check where my spare one is (i bought 2) :)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup, I checked those. I took me a bit to get those out of there, but I checked them. I even switched spots with them. Still nothing.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, it's both. I can't even get a twitch out of them. I think tomorrow I'll pull the door apart and see if I'm getting voltage. If not, I'll just hotwire it. :)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Austnpowe1 said:
Just take it to the dealer
Last time I took my Celi to the dealer, they broke my headlights, lost my gaskets (and tried to have me pay for it) and scratched my bumper. If the world was going to end and I needed my mirrors, then I MIGHT bring it to the dealership.

Curt

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok, my problems are worse than I thought. I got the electrical diagram of the power mirrors thanks to GTSLAID. I looked over it, and started testing stuff. Each of the motors works with a seperate power supply with all connectors disconnected. As soon as I connect the connectors back up, nothing. I traced the wires and use my DMM to ensure continuity through the door to the kick. Ahh, the problem. The white/black and red/white don't have continuity.

Tomorrow at work I'm going to pull the sub out of my door, and peel my dynamat and see if I find a break in the wires. :( Hopefully, it's a simple break in the wire and I can fix it. If not, then I'll scratch my a$$ and think about it some more.

Thanks again for everyones help.

Curt

1 - 20 of 20 Posts