NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is the deal..so far I've added or have on order the following for my 04 celica gts 6-speed....Hass turbo kit with GT2871R turbo, apexi exhaust, b&m short shifter, cryCO2 kit to cool the iner-cooler for the turbo kit, ACT 6-puck clutch, Fidanza flywheel, new spark plugs, auto meter water temp, oil pressure, boost pressure gauges, falken azenis sport tires, mkw wheels, line lock..my brakes are near new..so not replacing them.

With all that added..am I forgetting anything that somebody with experience of building a celica knows I should do? Open for suggestions...want to put my celica gts well over 300 whp. Money is not an issue, just need advice. I know some of those items are not adding hp, but will allow my car to function better or allow me to monitor the car better. And no, Nitrous is not an option. Also, rebuilding the engine is not an option at this time.

I want suggestions from people with experience and not people just spatting off because they are afraid to spend the money. Your complaints waste everyones time.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Engine upgrade? piston, rod, bearings, valve, springs, and etc... You will never reach 300+ whp without reinforcing your engine.

also, boost controller

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pnoy said:
Engine upgrade? piston, rod, bearings, valve, springs, and etc... You will never reach 300+ whp without reinforcing your engine.

also, boost controller

You positive an engine upgrade is needed and I can't just do it on my stock engine? I mean..I trust the guys here to do my install work..but I dont know anyone close by yet who can rebuild the engine for me..and I'm not traveling over the country to find someone to do it for me. Also, with the Hass kit..how much tuning is require since it comes with the e-mange system..I'm thinking I might have to travel to chicago to find someone with capabilites of tuning my car. NOt going to CT.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I did read hass turbo kit is basicaly all you really need other then some basic bs..

Boost controller
Boost gauge
Aem Uego gauge
Better Clutch for the manual

about it..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
May get a boost controller later on..but first I want to get use to running the car at the designed 8psi boost before pushing the limits more on that fact. I wouldnt go over 10 psi regardless. Not trying to destroy my engine of my only ride at the moment.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
emotart said:
I did read hass turbo kit is basicaly all you really need other then some basic bs..

Boost controller
Boost gauge
Aem Uego gauge
Better Clutch for the manual

about it..
READ it again. You are only reading the first couple sentences.
C-Unit said:
pnoy said:

also, boost controller

You positive an engine upgrade is needed and I can't just do it on my stock engine? I mean..I trust the guys here to do my install work..but I dont know anyone close by yet who can rebuild the engine for me..and I'm not traveling over the country to find someone to do it for me. Also, with the Hass kit..how much tuning is require since it comes with the e-mange system..I'm thinking I might have to travel to chicago to find someone with capabilites of tuning my car. NOt going to CT.
I am not familiar with Hass kit nor what kind of engine you have. You may or may not reach 300 whp with stock engine. BUT, you are pushing the engine way too much. Without any engine reinforcement, you will be left hanging due to your car will not last long and another large bill for rebuilding your engine. Trust me, while that car is up there it would be best just do it all right the first time rather than one part at a time.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
If I where you, you can do 2 things:

1. Drive to MWR and have them do all the work at their shop.
2. You can drive to Chicago and you can take it to the shop where Reyzin (309 whp) and I have our car done (goal 250- 300 whp).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pnoy said:
READ it again. You are only reading the first couple sentences.

Trust me, while that car is up there it would be best just do it all right the first time rather than one part at a time.
True..thats why I'm doing most of this all at the same time, instead of bits and pieces. With that said..anyone know of a place in Indiana or close by that is capable of engine work for a celica?? Also, how much am I looking at reenforcing the engine costing me?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MWR..hmm..might be good for a vist there. Seems like they are a 4-5 hr drive from my place. I'll check into that.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pnoy said:
forget Hass
Not forgetting Hass..Hass kit will be here within a week or two..and its going on my car. But hopefully MWR will still work with me on tuning and possible engine rebuild.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So yes..I'm going to go with a MonkeyWrench racing engine..but just not right now..got to save up for that a little bit. Will head up there after the install for tuning..should still be a speed demon with just the Hass turbo and stock engine. After I'm comftorable with it..and got some extra money saved up..then I'll really push the envenlope of 400 hp.

With advice from MonkeyWrench..going with a street disc for my ACT clutch instead of 6-puck.

·
Registered
593 Posts
If it comes with e-Manage, get the Profec e01 Boost controller. I've got it. It's easy to use.

Did you get at least 550 cc injectors and a new fuel pump, or do those come in the Hass kit? Might need the Energy Suspension motor mounts.

·
Registered
324 Posts
why do you want a line lock?

oh yeah and colder plugs

:edit: nevermind the plugs come with the hass kit

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bigger problems now..well..depends on how you look at it. The oil line going into my engine block snapped off at the track today..causing me to lose all my oil and then I had large knockings come from the engine. Got the oil line fixed, but called it a day at that point. Got it towed back to town. So..now..I'm going to have my 2ZZ engine rebuilt by the best race engine builder in the area...want to push for over 400 hp out of the engine. He was at the track and races himself..and he came over to me and told me he would glady work with me. Will go ahead and install the hass turbo kit at the same time with the engine. Looking to run up to 20 psi of boost on the new engine. Sucks..nothing more horrible then watching my car being towed away from the track.

If anyone has advice for engine internals..let me know. For those interested..I'll keep you posted as things happen.

·
Registered
230 Posts
pnoy said:

also, boost controller
sorry incorrect ,Ive already done it and so has MWR on stock internals and trannie :eatpop:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts