NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to get the pioneer DEH-P860MP HU just wondering what year is this model? I currently have the pioneer deh-p740mp but i got that in 2003. Does anyone know if the new models will be out soon or these are the 05 models.

· Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RATIFIED said:
Not sure, but the 860 is a real nice headunit!!! Have one myself!!!
how do you like it? Do you have any night pictures of it? Also, my big reason why i'm switching headunits is because of the loading of the mp3. Does this one load quickly? My current one takes like 8 sec to load between each song which is annoying.

· Registered
1,673 Posts
2k1SilverCelica said:
how do you like it? Do you have any night pictures of it? Also, my big reason why i'm switching headunits is because of the loading of the mp3. Does this one load quickly? My current one takes like 8 sec to load between each song which is annoying.
I think all somewhat new headunits no matter of brand takes about the same amount of time to load MP3's, which should be about 1-2 sec between consecutive tracks. 8 seconds sounds really long, like something is messed up with the headunit. Even my friend's Pioneer 740mp from 3 years ago is pretty quick for mp3's.

· Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think all somewhat new headunits no matter of brand takes about the same amount of time to load MP3's, which should be about 1-2 sec between consecutive tracks. 8 seconds sounds really long, like something is messed up with the headunit. Even my friend's Pioneer 740mp from 3 years ago is pretty quick for mp3's. [/QUOTE]

really because i currently have the pioneer 740mp model and it takes 5-8 seconds to load. I don't think i installed it wrong or anything was wrong with it since i bought it new. I just thought it was just a problem since mp3's were fairly new at that time and technology wasn't up to par. I remember someone else had the same problem with this headunit also. I mean it's a great unit just the loading sucks.

· Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,931 Posts
*=lead number.

*600 series is 2004. *500 series is 2003 and so on.

The new Pioneers for the 05 year are already hitting stores and they are *700.

· Registered
1,673 Posts
T3HKMAN said:
*=lead number.

*600 series is 2004. *500 series is 2003 and so on.

The new Pioneers for the 05 year are already hitting stores and they are *700.
Really? I thought the 860mp and the 960mp were already the newest ones (as in probably not another one this year or until late this year) for the 8 and 9 series.

BTW, I'd rather spend $10-$20 more and get the 860mp with 6.5V instead of the 4V and the extra "Promode" for the preouts, plus an extra year of warranty.

· Registered
1,673 Posts
No the 860mp and the 960mp were out for awhile. I just checked, I'm wrong about that. Man I wonder when the new 870mp and the 970mp are going to come out then. Interesting to see what it would look like. Does anyone know about when they would come out?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.