NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, after driving my celica for about 2 weeks now, i was wondering what a stock GT-S can beat, im sure it can beat quite a few, but what are some impressive kills for the GT-S?

BTW, will mid-grade gas hurt my engine? i was told mid-grade was in my tank when i bought it, but the manual says to use premium. just wondering.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
they say use premium for a reason. i would try and contact the orignal owner and see if he fill the tank up or if it was just that one time it shouldnt hurt it and go smack the dealer for being stupid

·
Registered
346 Posts
Because of the higher compresion pistons in the GT-S you should use premium grade gas.

Also there alot of thing that a Stock GT-S can "Kill" as you put it. Just goto the racing forum and look around. Just make sure you read the whole thread before you reply or ask a question.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
apperanlty in this forum everything with four wheel, i'm just waiting for someone to say they beat a saleen mustang

·
Registered
306 Posts
JSPITZ said:
apperanlty in this forum everything with four wheel, i'm just waiting for someone to say they beat a saleen mustang
I beat a saleen mustang... :eatpop:

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
I beat like 56 camaro's

·
Registered
272 Posts
Lol basically it can beat anything in the same class as it.. IF you are a good GTS driver.

Personally... my kills involved these cars (off the top of my head):

Integras
RSX's (both base and type S)
S2000
Mustang (base and GT)
Older model BMW M3
Non-evo Lancers (these are a joke, seriously...)
Preludes (auto and manual)
300ZX
Infiniti G35 coupe

Disclaimer: I don't want any flame wars to erupt from this. So accept this list and move on. Y'all know I've got Illusive to vouch for my old GTS. :)

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
If it fits this description of most of them, you can RAPE them and it's so funny seeing their reactions, as if they had a chance..

aluminum spoiler, clear altezza tail lights, gawdy chrome rims, lime green car, euro-style front plate, windsheildbanner, dont know how a turbo works, dont know what whp is.
I hate ricers

·
Registered
398 Posts
OrionX100 said:
Hey, after driving my celica for about 2 weeks now, i was wondering what a stock GT-S can beat, im sure it can beat quite a few, but what are some impressive kills for the GT-S?

BTW, will mid-grade gas hurt my engine? i was told mid-grade was in my tank when i bought it, but the manual says to use premium. just wondering.
Well when I had my y2k GT-S 6 speed my kills were:
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
1999+ Mustang GT Auto(30mph rolling start, from a dead stop.. it raped me)
1997-1999 Ford Thunderbird
1997 Honda Civic Hatchback DX
2000 Celica GT auto
There are more but I have forgotten most of them

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
JSPITZ said:
Since when do body kits make cars fast?? since thats what most saleens are.... stangs with body kits.... go drive a honda, slam it and throw a body kit it.... seems like it'll be best for you.....

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
What can a stock GT-S "Kill"?

its transmission, its lift bolts, and squirrels running across in front of you.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
silver21 said:
JSPITZ said:
Since when do body kits make cars fast?? since thats what most saleens are.... stangs with body kits.... go drive a honda, slam it and throw a body kit it.... seems like it'll be best for you.....
The S281 Mustang Saleen is 400 HP for 05. S/C'ed. 435 HP for 06. S/C'ed. The coming Salen E will be 500 HP.

The N/A 05 Model was 325 HP over the 300 HP on a GT and 330 HP for an 06.

The Pre 05 Model was also S/C'ed at 360 HP over the 260 HP of a GT.

Also upgraded brakes and suspension. That is a little more than a body kit.

·
Banned
7,355 Posts
silver21 said:
I was pretty sure the Saleen was the Cobra motor sans Blower....and the GT's motor wasn't as big as the Cobra motor...

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
lVlemphizStylez said:
silver21 said:
I was pretty sure the Saleen was the Cobra motor sans Blower....and the GT's motor wasn't as big as the Cobra motor...
Actually they are all 4.6L. Aside from the 5.4 in the SVT F-150.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.