NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new here, I just got a Celica GT today june 17 (Automatic :scared: ) it was my wife's car, but now she's pregnant and I bought her a van, and I kept the car for me. I have a lot of knowledge about turbos, N/A engines etc. But I never imagine that I will been getting a Celica GT.

I just whant to know mods that can gave me a little bit more power. Keep in mind that is a GT AND AUTOMATIC :(

Apexi S-AFC?
Intake?
Performance ECU if is any?

Any help will be apreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
emotart said:
Hydra EMS & Hass Turbo kit...

Contact hass at www.hassturbo.com he sells them both.
I don't whant to go turbo so soon, until I learn more about the engine , to see if is worth it or not.

I was wondering, have anyone switch a GT automatic tranny for a 5 speed?
The car only haves 15,893 miles on it , but warranty expires soon , so I'm not scared of loosing warranty for switching trannies, I just whant to know if is possible and how hard it's.

·
Banned
350 Posts
CDesigns said:
I don't whant to go turbo so soon, until I learn more about the engine , to see if is worth it or not.

I was wondering, have anyone switch a GT automatic tranny for a 5 speed?
The car only haves 15,893 miles on it , but warranty expires soon , so I'm not scared of loosing warranty for switching trannies, I just whant to know if is possible and how hard it's.
Yea it is possible but get the 6 speed hopefully one that is close to new...

·
Registered
199 Posts
intake,exhaust, and header would be the first thing you should do...other than that you wont get much speed out of an auto GT...you should then try to upgrade your suspension and appearance...maybe a drop,and a bodykit along with some rims

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BlAcKman said:
intake,exhaust, and header would be the first thing you should do...other than that you wont get much speed out of an auto GT...you should then try to upgrade your suspension and appearance...maybe a drop,and a bodykit along with some rims
Rims, Video, Sound system, Car PC, GPS, Ful Wrap Fullcolor Graphics (I own a sign shop so that will be the first) I have a few plans for the car, but performance mods won't hurt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Slakker said:
anyone have a price on the swap? that would probably help him out

At least the price for the parts or what parts do I need, I can do the work I have the tools.

The ECU for the Manual tranny and Automatic tranny are differente right?
also does the car have the clutch brackets or do I need to weld something for that?

I thinks I can modified the engine pretty good I just need to know the engine and it's capabilities. But manual tranny would be my first mod if is not that complicated.

·
Banned
751 Posts
Nothing, just drive the car and save your money. Its not worth it and you have a very expensive baby on the way. You are gonna NEED all the money you can get.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
808QwkSlvr said:
Nothing, just drive the car and save your money. Its not worth it and you have a very expensive baby on the way. You are gonna NEED all the money you can get.
True that, but I can afford a few mods once in a while. if bussiness is good,

·
Registered
23 Posts
get some army issued rockets, weld them to the side of ur doors. If you still want more power NASA rocket is way to go. That should add about a bizillion horsepower.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Heh on a slightly more serious note, if you prefer the auto for a comfortable traffic navigator but want a little more performance (and dont want to buy a new car) 75 shot/IHE/Built TQ converter/slight weight reduction = alot of money that could have been better spent and a decent ride.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Sil said:
Heh on a slightly more serious note, if you prefer the auto for a comfortable traffic navigator but want a little more performance (and dont want to buy a new car) 75 shot/IHE/Built TQ converter/slight weight reduction
best thing to do if you dont want to go turbo just yet...plus looks like with all that weight from you future audio system plus rims (assuming you dont choose lightweight rims and 17 inch or lower) your gonna need nitrous to get you moving

·
Registered
980 Posts
If you're going to change your ECU I suggest you switch your auto tranny to a manual one since buying the Apexi that supports auto isn't worth the cost (which is ALMOST 2x the one for a manual tranny). There isn't too much you can do aside turbo the GT to get a worthy increase in performance.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
808QwkSlvr said:
CDesigns said:
True that, but I can afford a few mods once in a while. if bussiness is good,
808QwkSlvr said:
It seems like you didn't get it the first time.

Don't listen to emotart, unless money is no object to you.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts