NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The local toyota near my house is offering to buy back my 2k gt-s sportshift. The letter says they're in "dire" need of gt-s's from 2000.

The blue book trade in value is 12400, used car retail value is at 13800, but local gt-s's are selling for 16k. Should i trade the celi? I've spent around 6k on the car and would have to sell all the parts inorder to makeup the price of whatever car i get, which could be a car w/ a price tag anywhere between 24-30k. I know everyone's gonna say that i should trade it for a stick shift which is what i really wanna do. Anyone else think that around 12-14k is a ripoff? I got the car for 18500 used in may '01. If i do trade it in, what car do you guys think I should i get? It needs to be practical, assuming its a daily driver and a winter car. I've been thinking of the WRX, Rx-8, '03 GTS, and RSX-S

·
Registered
23 Posts
Trade in value

I just traded my 00 GTS 6spd in. It had all the options except for leather and abs. had 36k miles on it and dealer here gave me 14k for it.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I'd get the MR-S too. If I had known that I would be driving only at most twice a week, I would have bought the MR-S to be my toy...damn it...

First thing you should ask yourself is whether you want to keep your car. Then ask yourself what cars out there you like that falls in your budget...not what we think it's good but what you think it's good. And you know what, if there isn't any cars right now that you like and falls in your range, stay with the celica. Temptations will always come around, chase it only when you think it is absolutely the best thing to do.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
i'd rather keep my car if its a $24k budget. yes, there's faster cars out there for a lot less money, but today my co-worker said how nice my car was. its been awhile since i really looked at it and i did that today before i went home. the 7th gen is one nice looking car and some of the people i work with have 350Z, M5, M3, Cooper-S and a RSX-S. the co-worker that complimented my car had the M3, it made my day. :D

if it was a $30-33k i'd opt for either the S2K or 350Z.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts