NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting my car painted in 2 weeks. I was thinking of staying w/ the same shade of blue and adding silver metal flake. Are there any other nice shades of blue close to the spec blue I should consider?

·
O.G. Original Gluesniffer
8,944 Posts
I like the new Escalade blue (I think they call it "Out of the Blue"). Its like Royal blue with pearl. In the sun it has a slight color change as you can see on the front bumper where the highlight hits in this pic

My neighbor just got one in this color, and it looks really nice in person, especially on a sunny day.

·
Registered
245 Posts
if your re-painting dont get the same color, that would be a waist, im sure ull find a sweet color to put on your celica

·
Registered
910 Posts
i would like gunmetal!!!!!....or gold would look nice too :)

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I think spec blue with silver flake would be hot hot hot

·
Registered
9,255 Posts
Mistrimeat said:
I like the new Escalade blue (I think they call it "Out of the Blue"). Its like Royal blue with pearl. In the sun it has a slight color change as you can see on the front bumper where the highlight hits in this pic

My neighbor just got one in this color, and it looks really nice in person, especially on a sunny day.
:drool:

·
Registered
328 Posts
I personally like the blue color of the 2001 eclipse spyders. They call it "Chrome Blue Pearl" I saw a guy at a car show once that had a color similar to this, with another pearl colored clear coat over it. Very VERY clean, so thats my suggestion ;)

Here's a pic:

·
Registered
269 Posts
I think the Indigo Ink Pearl on the Toyota Matrix looks good too. I, like you, have spec blue and really like it. If I get my car repainted, I want to get the spec blue with a pearl. I think that would look hot.

·
Registered
42 Posts
hey how does the blue with silver flakes look like...are they actual flakes painted on to the car or is it silver mixed into the blue paint?

·
Registered
910 Posts
damn thats a pretty color,....is that a civic? looks really nice:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts