NewCelica.org Forum banner

2941 - 2953 of 2953 Posts

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Weird, my bushings came with new sleeves. I got the ES rack bushings from somewhere online as they weren't part of my Prothane kit. I actually think I used a 2 jaw puller to push them out, not nuts and bolts. I used nuts and bolts to pull them in.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I replaced the water pump on my car, but then during reassembly I sheared one of the bolts in the block. It's not leaking any coolant, so I'm not super worried about it. It was the 9:00 bolt if looking at the side of the engine. I'm a moron.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
I slapped some of the new Raybestos EHT GG rated pads on the DD Mazda. I like them so far, they feel good. Haven't abused them yet, it's been shitty out.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I changed my transmission oil today as per Laryd's excellent write up and did the rear sway bar mod as per Maverick's equally excellent instructions. Thanks for both of those guys!

I've actually got a number of projects lined up in the upcoming weeks, I'm kinda excited! I should get a slick new heat shield on Monday to finally finish up my custom SRI and get rid of its temporary and entirely ghetto shield... I also have a set of nice, used, oem headlights coming from eBay. I'm gonna bake them and clean 'em up, polish the outer lens inside and out so they look brand new, and paint the trim carbon blue to match my car. While I have my bumper off for that I'll finally install the Styrofoam absorber in my bumper. The one that the body shop said they'd installed but, didn't. But charged me for. I discovered this when I took my bumper off one day.

Last thing on the docket, I think today I finally made up my mind to refinish my stock wheels. They have the Toyota wheel paint blistering, though it's not too bad and I think I can just spot sand the paint by hand, scuff, clean, prime, and paint. Hopefully it doesn't open a can of worms. I'm gonna go with a stainless steel color: just a little darker than silver but definitely not as dark as anthracite. I saw a black NSX with very similar wheels in that color and it looked sharp.

Well, enough rambling I guess. Cheers!

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
That's cool, nice work!

I'm thinking about painting the chrome accent rings at the bottoms of the door pulls, how the heck do those things come off?

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
That's cool, nice work!

I'm thinking about painting the chrome accent rings at the bottoms of the door pulls, how the heck do those things come off?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Bitter, do you mean the door sills or..?

I have a custom radio I need to finish with a rather long 3d print, a shift light to reassemble and install, and I am trying to decide on the best way to get my intake temps down. My new SRI has the wrong size pipe and im tired of buying new intake pipes so im just making this one work. lol I know I need a heat shield but I need cold air from somewhere and I cant decide if the bumper will let enough air through with a plastic guide or if I should cut a vent into the hood...

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Gray with red plates? Yea shoot me a price but I just shot my wad on that intake manifold so....shit. If you don't mind holding onto them for a few weeks depending what the cost is or I could pay some now for you to hold onto them and pay the rest later. Let me know in PM, I'm sure we can work something out.

2941 - 2953 of 2953 Posts