NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2953 Posts

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
Nothing to my car today, or tomorrow. However, Tuesday will be the day.

Doing a complete compound, buff and polish job on the entire car. Then after that wiring in my radio. Sounds easy? No. Well it's not hard just takes forever. The rear speakers are 2ohm and aftermarket radios only handle 4ohm. To remove them you must remove the rear seats then rear deck, then fab up a custom mount for the speakers. Then bypass the amp and wire directly to the headunit.

Can't wait.

·
Professional Carsmith
6,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That car I posted a picture of is my blue car, I've got two different v8's but one's going in the Nova and I've got to finish one of these cars before I start on a third.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Got my car running again with a new turbo and engine wiring harness. :thumbup: Just need a new driver side axle and O2 sensor to drive it again. :)

·
Paint Guru
5,588 Posts
This wasn't today, but a few days ago, I fabricated a little "circulation station" for my phone.

I use it as a charge-and-play stand for when I listen to music. It get's really hot at times, specially when I'm using my GPS, so I put some fans behind some plexiglass and I added an LED behind everything for accent lighting. The top push-button on/off switch is for the fans and the bottom is for the lights. I wired everything to the wires behind the cigarette lighter. :) This is still the "prototype" so there are a few cracks on the edges here and there and the glue is really visible, but I will be making a legit one out of Lexan soon :naughty:

·
Professional Carsmith
6,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
This wasn't today, but a few days ago, I fabricated a little "circulation station" for my phone.

I use it as a charge-and-play stand for when I listen to music. It get's really hot at times, specially when I'm using my GPS, so I put some fans behind some plexiglass and I added an LED behind everything for accent lighting. The top push-button on/off switch is for the fans and the bottom is for the lights. I wired everything to the wires behind the cigarette lighter. :) This is still the "prototype" so there are a few cracks on the edges here and there and the glue is really visible, but I will be making a legit one out of Lexan soon :naughty:
Man my phone gets hot as f*ck too, what kind of phone do you have? I've been thinking about making a better heatsink for the CPU/battery.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Got my car running again with a new turbo
Hey, applaud the wiring harness, too. :p: Now I have IAC, O2 sensor, AFM, and random other stuff that was broken in the harness before. :D Car idles normally now (used to idle low when cold, high when warm :ugh: ), and it boosts nicely in neutral. :gap:

Haven't been able to take it on the road yet, but it did well in the parking lot. We left it running for a long time to bleed the coolant and no issues, so it should be good to go with the axle and O2 sensor going in.

·
Paint Guru
5,588 Posts
Man my phone gets hot as f*ck too, what kind of phone do you have? I've been thinking about making a better heatsink for the CPU/battery.
I have the HTC Incredible 2. I thought about making a heatsink as well, but that would require me to be constantly taking the back cover off to get to the battery to attach the heatsink every time I want to plug it into my car. And I'm not going to be walking around with a giant heatsink attached to my phone in my pocket lol.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
fixing my leaking AC o-ring tomorrow, then recharging the system. Ah, lunch projects! Oh and playing with some sneaky stuff...

·
Professional Carsmith
6,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I have the HTC Incredible 2. I thought about making a heatsink as well, but that would require me to be constantly taking the back cover off to get to the battery to attach the heatsink every time I want to plug it into my car. And I'm not going to be walking around with a giant heatsink attached to my phone in my pocket lol.
I hear ya. My case is aluminum though so I really wouldn't have to take the case off, just use some thermal tape and on the case above the heatsink.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Made molds for a TRD replica fuel door
i subscribed to the thread. good luck man, and if successful count me in!

Hey, applaud the wiring harness, too. Now I have IAC, O2 sensor, AFM, and random other stuff that was broken in the harness before. Car idles normally now (used to idle low when cold, high when warm ), and it boosts nicely in neutral.
:applaud: :applaud:

i would be itching to drive it on the road. cant wait to hear that sexy turbo in two weeks. :)

21 - 40 of 2953 Posts