NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do i need to do in order to fit a 3sgte in my 2000 celica, i wanted to swap engines cause the gt i have dosent have the power i like but i love my car and, no i didnt want to turbo mine i rather do i full swap

·
Registered
58 Posts
oh yeah anyone that answer his question should be able to answer mines as well i guess....what is faster if you fix it up the same GT or GTS

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
to do a 3sgte swap will cost you around $10,000. Dont think you want to do that. A GT-S is faster than a GT, it was meant to be that way....

Looks like you guys are new, welcome to the boards and have fun...

Oh, I forgot to mention. There have been a lot of treads from years ago on the topics you guys are asking. I am being nice with you guys, some other guys here will jump on your ass if you dont search before asking. SEARCH, SEARCH SEARCH. There is a lot of info there.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
do the SEARCH..hahhaha....just kiddin.

do what me and others did....a GT to GTS swap....u will be very happy with the outcome....spent abt $4k on the swap....very sastisfy except for my leak....

·
Registered
709 Posts
Do what I did, spend about 5k on a (C2Power) turbo for the GT and kick GTS' asses!

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Originally posted by Immo
Do what I did, spend about 5k on a (C2Power) turbo for the GT and kick GTS' asses!
not my ass :) j/k

here is some news about the 3S-GTE...it stock form its fvcking slow!!! I have a 91 MR2 and a 91 All-trac and they are way slower than a stock GT-S...the nice thing about the 3S that thats its like a DSM, almost indestructable. so you can do almost anything to it....

So you have to spend the money for the motor, have it built up, then installed and tuned....lets do some math..

3S-GTE----------------1200 on ebay
build up engine----- 2500-3000
install engine--------4000 at least
EMS to run engine--1500
Tuning for EMS------1000
----------------------------------------------------
Total= over 10,000 bucks

where as the SF turbo kit and C2 kit run about 3500 + or - and on a GT you will be super fast....

Spend about 2000 moer and have MWR build your 1ZZ up and make over 300 WHP....something to think about....

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Smaay said:
not my ass :) j/k

here is some news about the 3S-GTE...it stock form its fvcking slow!!! I have a 91 MR2 and a 91 All-trac and they are way slower than a stock GT-S...the nice thing about the 3S that thats its like a DSM, almost indestructable. so you can do almost anything to it....

So you have to spend the money for the motor, have it built up, then installed and tuned....lets do some math..

3S-GTE----------------1200 on ebay
build up engine----- 2500-3000
install engine--------4000 at least
EMS to run engine--1500
Tuning for EMS------1000
----------------------------------------------------
Total= over 10,000 bucks

where as the SF turbo kit and C2 kit run about 3500 + or - and on a GT you will be super fast....

Spend about 2000 moer and have MWR build your 1ZZ up and make over 300 WHP....something to think about....
Smaay is right - except he did forget to mention that you will need custom intake and probably exhaust manifolds as well as one other thing which is weight. the 3S-GTE weights more than twice what the 1ZZ and 2ZZ do due to size and all the cast iron parts. Because of thsi you will need to make more power with the 3S than you would with a 1ZZ or 2ZZ turbo.

That being said if you still want to do this go search in performance and forced induction and you will find lots of info on swapping in the 3S-GTE.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Oh yeah i did forget to mention that the 3S is a ton of bricks compared to the 1ZZ...and the custom intake and manifolds...thats what we have you for Boosted...make up for my shortcomings ;) well not all of them,, he he he

·
Registered
142 Posts
go for the turbo

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Just thought I would make a piont here. The 3S-GTE is BIG which is why its hard to make it fit, and why its impossible in stock form. Heres a pic of my engine bay on the ST185 - check out how much real-estate it takes up. THAT is why the custom manifolds and a pretty severe tilt to the rear are necessary.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
This is it a little closer to stock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts