1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
edited:

1 polk momo 10" enclosed sub
alpine 500 x 1 amplifier
alpine cda 9815 HU
extreme dynamat all over the car
alpine or MB quart components up front.

i am going to leave the upgraded rear speakers and 4 channel amp out of the picture for now. any improvements need to be made to this setup? and suggestions?

btw, i listen to all kinds of music and want some good thump.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Originally posted by Nu Concept

btw, i listen to all kinds of music and want some good thump.
So, what do you listen to the most? Good thump.... Kick drum, or some Bass CD?

Step up and let us know what you like first.... Then true recommondations can be made!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, when i said "thump" it was in reference to my sound system. but i listen to *mostly* punk , metal, and rock.

·
Registered
190 Posts
alpine amps are weak!!! jl is more reliable and is cleaner, but stick with the alpine radio i have a 9835 and damn alpine are clean

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well jl audio is ultra expensive and it lacks one thing alpine can do.
if you have an alpine HU and an alpine amp, you can control the amp thru the HU without requiring an external button or knob (that comes with most amps)- do you know of any other amp that can do that? the alpine amp also has digital controls.
my next choice after an alpine amp would be hifonics- you guys think those amps are good?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Originally posted by CaRacer22
alpine amps are weak!!! jl is more reliable and is cleaner, but stick with the alpine radio i have a 9835 and damn alpine are clean
I disagree with the weak Alpine amps. I have a 5-channel Alpine amp, MRD-F752, I think. It's a V-12 class-T amp from a few years back. I don't use it anymore, but that thing had a TON of power, and was severly under rated. I don't know about the newest Alpine amps, though. But I know the older V-12's are hot.

Curt

·
Registered
881 Posts
Originally posted by CaRacer22
What are you talking about? Most Alpine amps are underrated. Your set up looks good but I dunno about the sub...never heard of it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Originally posted by SQ GT-S
I disagree with the weak Alpine amps. I have a 5-channel Alpine amp, MRD-F752, I think. It's a V-12 class-T amp from a few years back.

Curt
Ahhh, not a Tripath amp.... That was a beauty! I remember that (So do the Alpine guys when we party).

·
Registered
245 Posts
I would go with secondskin sound dampener instead of Dynamat, much higher quality works loads better and its cheaper + if you email the owner he's likely to give you a discount hes a real cool guy

SecondSkinAudio

West Coast Customs (the guys who do "Pimp My Ride") are using his products for season 2

i would get a Hifonics amp very nice

don't know what your budget is but i would get som Atomic Loudspeakers or Resonant Engineering subwoofers or even Adire Audio
ResonantEngineering
Atomic
^^ apparently the loudest cars in america uses atomics the loudest guy 17- db guy uses them too

Hifonics has some new subwoofers out I
actually got the Atlas Square woofer just recently but i havent installed it so i dont know how good they are. but the cone is made out of woven carbon and fibreglass and it has an 11pound magnet and some nice stats, cant wait to try it out.

Hifonics

Oh oh or better yet some Audison amps Audison
hand made in Italy very top notch

(heh think im gettin to excited ill stop editing this post ;) hehe )

·
Registered
190 Posts
jln audio amp arent as expensive as the alpine amps and i have first hand exp as to wich amps are cleaner and more powerful i am also Alpine factory trained in the int./and tuning of the acuclass D amps, wow control from the head unit... i never have to adjust my amps anymore , ive been doing this for 5 years now at a custom shop, the last alpine amp we sold was about 6 months ago, and the last jl audio amp we sold was yesterday...

if you want me to prove it to you in numbers i will JL>Alpine amps!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
xNiNjAx said:
What are you talking about? Most Alpine amps are underrated. Your set up looks good but I dunno about the sub...never heard of it.

you have never heard of a 12w6V2 sub JL Audio?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts