NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I'm not sure if this belongs in perf. or app.

I would like to know what the minimum drop (at the highest setting) is for both the Skunk2 and GC coilovers. I'm asking this because I saw the front springs for the Skunk2 coilover kit and they were really, really short. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
You could raise your car with coilovers, if you want the minimum drop, why even buy 'em? If you mean the lowest drop, you're gonna be able to tuck the rear wheels with either kit, and MAYBE lose all the wheel gap in the front with the Skunk2s, but GC coilovers won't tuck the front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,768 Posts
perhaps he's trying to figure out how high he can keep it int he witner so he doesn't have to deal w/ snow and what he would be able to drop it to during the summer. Either that or for normal driving he just wants it not too low and then wants the ability at shows or whatever to drop it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
u can tuck the front wheels with gc cuz i have them and im tuckin alot in the front and in the back cuz i have them all the way down
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
374 Posts
krayzie_celica said:
u can tuck the front wheels with gc cuz i have them and im tuckin alot in the front and in the back cuz i have them all the way down
How are you tucking the front? Show pics. I've got GC all around, the fronts are 1/8-1/4 of an inch from all the way down and I still have a hair of wheel gap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, exactly what kocheroni is saying. I'm wanting to know how much drop it is at the highest setting. I know I will get a drop (that's what I want) but I want to know what the minimum (and maximum if someone knows) of a drop these give. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
i'd say stay away from ground controls. my reason is that you might not like the rough ride after the shocks give out ... and if u want better shocks its gonna cost more. and when you add it all up .. its almost the same price as a good coilover kit with shocks. i have gc's and i dont like the ride ... my blitz front is 3 fingers off the ground and thats FULLY RAISED in the front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,387 Posts
get ground controls with shocks then... i have my shocks waiting in the garage (KYB AGX adjustable) and ordering ground control on monday... besides the ride only gets really rough when you slam it to the ground with stock shocks... 2 of my friends have si's both with ground control, one with tokico adjustables and one on stock, let me tell you its a world of a difference... i was very impressed with the tokico illuminas... too bad they don't make em for celi's...if your going coilovers definitely invest in some shocks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there anyone with Skunk2's or GC's that has had them on the highest setting before or lowest setting? If so, what were the drop in inches, or should I ask what is the height between the ground and the top of the fender curve? Thanks. If it helps any, I have the TRD mechanical kit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,387 Posts
i just looked at the site to get the number to order my gc's and it says it lowers from .5" - 2.5" so i guess the highest setting is a half inch lower than stock... and trd mech kit still has the same wheel gap as stock so it doesnt matter, and i believe that the front lip is even a bit higher than stock...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
your rim and tyre size plays a huge part in how low to the ground the car will be, as well as how much fender gap you will have.

If you have 18 inch rims, you should be able to tuck all four tyres using the lowest setting of the skunk2 coilovers.

With 17 inch rims, on the lowest setting you'll have a little less than an inch of wheel gap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Predator said:
your rim and tyre size plays a huge part in how low to the ground the car will be, as well as how much fender gap you will have.

If you have 18 inch rims, you should be able to tuck all four tyres using the lowest setting of the skunk2 coilovers.

With 17 inch rims, on the lowest setting you'll have a little less than an inch of wheel gap.
Really, with Skunk2's and 17's wheels, you can't even tuck all the rims in? Wow. I have the TRD mech. kit with 17" wheels, so I guess I'm good to go with them then. BTW, how much clearance do you have on the front of your lip when they are all the way down (I'm assuming you have 17's as well). Thanks a whole lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
6thGenCeliGuy said:
i just looked at the site to get the number to order my gc's and it says it lowers from .5" - 2.5" so i guess the highest setting is a half inch lower than stock... and trd mech kit still has the same wheel gap as stock so it doesnt matter, and i believe that the front lip is even a bit higher than stock...
Are you talking about the GC site?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
637 Posts
Originally posted by KSilver2000
Really, with Skunk2's and 17's wheels, you can't even tuck all the rims in? Wow. I have the TRD mech. kit with 17" wheels, so I guess I'm good to go with them then. BTW, how much clearance do you have on the front of your lip when they are all the way down (I'm assuming you have 17's as well). Thanks a whole lot.
with the skunks all the down i have a little less than 3 inches clearance in the front.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top