NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to buy a 2005 GT 5 speed (I can't get the wife to see why we'd need the GT-S, I'm darned lucky we're getting a GT-she wanted a Honda Civic, I convinced her the Cel is better on trips heh heh) and get the TRD cat-back exhaust and the TRD air filter for the intake and take out the butterfly valve, but I want to know what my choices in ECUs are, which one performs the best in a GT, and which ECU are reliable and won't damage my car.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
I'm happy with the e-manage but it's only a piggyback so.....

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
No times or dyno yet. I'm going to try to take some time off of work and go later this month but I work an *ssload so we'll see.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
Yes you will need a laptop to tune both..however the Power FC can be tuned with the FC commander, but its so much easier with a laptop...If your getting the GT why not boost it? then you will make some serious power

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So there's nothing like a plain-old plug in E-PROm that exists for the GT? If I can't find one, hom much of a horsepower boost should I expect from the mods that I want to do (look at the beginning of the thread for more info) without any ECU mods? I can't get too radical, I want this to be a daily driver and keep my Toyota warranty.

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
Originally posted by MarcKyle64
So there's nothing like a plain-old plug in E-PROm that exists for the GT? If I can't find one, hom much of a horsepower boost should I expect from the mods that I want to do (look at the beginning of the thread for more info) without any ECU mods? I can't get too radical, I want this to be a daily driver and keep my Toyota warranty.
You can look into getting a unichip if you want plug and play.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How much extra Hp can I expect from a TRD filter, no butterfly valve and TRD exhuast? 5? 10? 15?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts