NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
understeer is when the front end of the car doesn't have enough traction to take a corner resulting in the front end pushing to the outside of a turn.

Oversteer is when the rear end of the car loses traction resulting in the rear end swinging wide in a turn. You know what I mean? It's when the car fish tails.

·
Registered
52 Posts
coOOlcelica said:
use the search function which is located on top right....this topic has been covered several times before....:)

Don't be a d i c k. He asked a useful question. If you can't contribute don't reply.

·
Registered
658 Posts
fastracer said:

Don't be a d i c k. He asked a useful question. If you can't contribute don't reply.
he asked a question that has been repeated over and over again. show some respect for chrissakes, someone actually pays for this site. we dont need dozens of identical posts wasting the bandwidth.

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
i wasn't trying to be an a$$ or anything the reason i said that was becuase i remember reading the same topic not long ago...plus we have spend enormous amount of time fixing the search function on site and if nobody is going to use it than its waste of time and money...:)

btw here and few links i found that you might find helpful

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71404&highlight=understeer+and+oversteer

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/sea...d=158140&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i saw them but they didn't seem to explain the definitions for those terms.
Also are there possible imbalances when going straight line over bumpy road? so there can be no over/under steering on straight line.

My car felt like the front and rear was going in opposite direction when I would hit bumpy or even surface all of a sudden like railroad tracks.
what I meant is that the rear didn't seem to follow the fronts smoothy wasting time adjusting back down.
do you think it could be due to the heights not being set evenly perhaps?

mods::

trd stuts
lsd
teins

·
Registered
271 Posts
Watch yourself, Fastracer. This isn't OT.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts