1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
go to the racing stories section, its under a sticky

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
not sure about gt-s, but in my gt 2.5k with a new set of tread works well, one thing you dont wanna do is give too little power and bog for a second. at least if u screech tires at least ull still be moving forward...

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
timm3r said:
rpm's are not called k
Right, but I am sure he was just meaning what thousand, which yes, still sounds a bit awkward.

·
Registered
473 Posts
My first timed 1/4 in my gts I launched at 5500k rpm or so and trust me that doesnt work I got 18 sec on that run:chuckles: . next time around I launched at 3k rpm and got a 15.9. I just takes a while to get the right launch but higher rpm's are not the answer.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
kylebGTS said:
My first timed 1/4 in my gts I launched at 5500k rpm or so and trust me that doesnt work I got 18 sec on that run:chuckles: . next time around I launched at 3k rpm and got a 15.9. I just takes a while to get the right launch but higher rpm's are not the answer.
Probably because you had sh|tty tires.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Fuzion zri's. I like them. My problem was shlty launching :thumbup: + it was my first time at the track. I should be low 15's high 14's with a little more practice.

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
kylebGTS said:
High RPM yield Mike 00SilverGTS6Speed 2.1 and 2.0's. It is all technique.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
IMO, start firstly at 5k and move up or down depending of the traction u have. Thats if u drop and floor when you got sufficient traction. Sometimes, floor slowly, it depends of the track ... I fyou slip, you would usually launch higher ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts