NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the stock offset 39mm? Would a 36mm offset sit flush to the wheel wells? If not, what offset is the best for the Celica?

Before you flame me, I did a search and didn't come up with an answer that I was looking for.

·
Registered
684 Posts
It depends on the width of the rim. I have 7 1/2" wide rims with a +35mm offset and they are flush with the wheel well.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rims I might be getting at 17x8. I gotta call them up and find out what the offset it. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Impulse said:
It depends on the width of the rim. I have 7 1/2" wide rims with a +35mm offset and they are flush with the wheel well.
That is the EXACT size and offset i have on my car.. its pretty darn flush..

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
btw, you cannot go any further out than +35 offset w/ 7.5" width or else it will rub the fender.. mine is almost touching the fender on the outside.. so if you go any wider, you'll probably need to roll them

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
StreetFighter said:

The rear wheel in your sig doesn't look to be flush with the wheel well. What offset would you think correct that?
i think the rear panels flares out a little more than the front cuz my fronts are flush

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
I have 18X8 with +35 offset. It is perfectly flush. In fact, I was worried it was gonna rub. Sups' car appears to have too much rear camber. My camber is set at -1.6 degrees front (with crash bolts) and -1.3 degrees rear.

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
i'm getting 17x7.5 w/ +48 offset

i'm going to slap on wheel spacers.....I'm guessing 10mm so it'll be 17x7.5 w/ +38 offset right?

·
Registered
9,994 Posts
they willl stick out toooo much...and like chiznarles said:

you cannot go any further out than +35 offset w/ 7.5" width or else it will rub the fender... so if you go any wider, you'll probably need to roll them

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
baNanA_ryCe said:
you cannot go any further out than +35 offset w/ 7.5" width or else it will rub the fender... so if you go any wider, you'll probably need to roll them
No, you are wrong. Read above posts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts