NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys the dealership(bowie) took 2 days to get the transmission of my car......now the guy is being a huge A$$ about everything, when i call him to talk to him about it he rushes me trough the conversation and really does not answer my questions, so im considering telling them to keep the car and get a new one, or should i make them fix it and somehow get them to pay for some of the work.

they are telling me that a new transmisson is 4600 for a 5 speed? that is freakin crazy. I have called around and found it at other dealerships for 2300 and labor time at 9hours.

Any recomondations would help alot here cus this is my first time going trough something like this and i dont want to be ****ed over........

I know alot of you really dont know me, but i have seen what you guys/ladies have done for each other in the past, and i was just looking for some advice.

Dan

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
This transmission isn't covered under warranty? I have a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty, and 5-year drivetrain (engine and transmission).

Sounds like you're getting the old screw job. If you get a new car, don't get one from that dealership. Get the yellow 2003 Action Package. :thumbup:

Good luck with that transmission biz.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
You're getting screwed. Show him your qoute from the other place and either tell him to match it or have your car towed elsewhere. Don't put up with this crap.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so the damage is $2700 for a used trans and a clutch installed. It has 22K on it. I am going to the shop to look at it tomorrow and i need some input on what i should do. Get the used one or get a new one?

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
Why so much???? Did you search around or did you let the dumbasses at Toyota find you one...............Go search around for a bit............dont settle for anything over 1k

Slava

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
Call these guys: Foreign Car Parts 301-627-4265 or 800-638-3446 and ask for either Will or Robbie Baden. Tell them Wil the Celica scavanger guy sent you. They specialize in late model import parts.

I know for a fact that in the past 6 months they had at least two GT manuals wrecked because I picked through them. I don't know if the trannys are still there but give them a call at least.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanx guys. im going up there to look at it on thrusday/today. if i am lucky i might be able to take pics. i am shoping around i found one for 950 with 44K on it but i really would like lower miles on it, or even a new one if im gonna spend over 3200 on the repairs im just gonna put that down on a new celica or maybe even a EVO, but that is the very last resort......

·
Registered
19,933 Posts
Speaking of EVO, I think I saw one today on the way to wizzork. I couldn't see an EVO emblem, but it was black, 30-day tags, and drove very very fast. I wanted to see the vented hood thing, but like I said, it was very very fast. Driving around 5:20am in Old town, I'm barely even awake, so driving fast is not in the cards.

Oh, if you get a new Celi.....

(please wave a pocket watch in front of your eyes for like 30 seconds)

"Yellow Action Package"...(using my hypnotic powers)... :thumbup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I did not get my car back.....DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO BOWIE TOYOTA FOR ANYTHHING....they told me that they have never put a trans in and are having probs....so i have a feeling that this means i am gonna have probs with it forever......I am so pissed right now it is not even funny, and the guy has the nerve to say i did not know you were 23 i could have given you a rental car on monday. AGHHHHH......and they dont even know if they are gonna have it done on monday

1 - 13 of 13 Posts