NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a look at this picture, I think this is one of the cleanest lookin Celica's i've ever seen and all he did was drop it and throw some wheels on it. (Yes i got it from the pictures on this site) I'm pretty sure these are Lenso wheels and I "think" they are 19's anyone have an estimated price per wheel Lenso's run?. Also, how many inches of drop does it look like he did? I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to that type of stuff so i'm lookin for some answers. Also what kind of springs (brand name) would be able to do a drop like that and around how much ? If anyone knows who's ride this is lemme know i'll send him a few PM's, I have a few questions i'd like to ask. Any answers you all can give me would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Those are 19"s, the rims i'm guessin they are probably around $250 a piece. That looks like a 4" drop, pretty damn agressive.

It does look really nice, but there's a lot of sacrifices to have that. Aside from the money you'd have to spend, 19"s will slow down your car big time and would make the gt-s no faster than a GT, you would also get a really bump ride and feel every pebble on the street with those 19"s, and having it dropped that low you will have to be embarassingly careful when going over speed bumps and going onto streets, ect...

That kind of setup should really only be done for a show car. I would recommend getting some 17"s and a 2" drop. Looks nice and you don't have to sacrifice much.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
The wheels are made by axis and they are 19s. The wheels will slow you down. As slow as a GT with stockies? Over all, No. That's exagerated. On the low end, any celica with smaller and lighter rims and exact equal mods would be faster than this car. GT vs GT-S are pretty much the same car until 6k. At that point, the enertia of the car is good and the wheels aren't anywhere heavy enough to pull back the full 40-50 hp the second cam brings. So yes, it would still be faster than a GT.

The drop will give you the rough ride. 3" drop is more like what is on that car pictured, if that. Remember, this car has big 19s. If it were 4", it would be tucked in good. Does anyone even make a 4" drop outside airbags and hydros??? I have a 2" drop with 17's and a full suspensions set up. I feel every bump in the road.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks GTSnut, now I have another question. I'm pretty sure I want to put the Kaminari kit on my car when I get it. Now does the kit actually lower the front / rear of the car or is it the same as stock? I'm just wondering how many inches I would need to drop to achieve this look with 19's and a Kaminari Kit, i'm thinking 2.5-3.00 so correct me if i'm wrong. Also some recommendations on springs / suspension kits that would give me that kind of drop plus prices on them would help as well, thanks for the info so far.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No info yet on my last questions?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Immortal said:
No info yet on my last questions?
to go real low, you can get Ground Control Coilovers...but with big 19" rims like that, it'll fill up the wheel well pretty well, so i bet you can even just get Progress or Goldline springs and it'll work out pretty well.

BTW, my progress springs are going on sale soon. they dropped my car about...2 - 2.25 inches?

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
The Kam kit sits at a good height. It would be a Medium height kit IMO. I would consider TRD and stock high height kits as reference. 19s will look good, but the best kits for 19" rims are the K2 and R2 kits as they sit really low. As far as a drop, there are a large variety of springs that will give you the look you want. Anything at or over 2" will be fine. My suggestion is to get a full coilover suspension. With big rims and big drop, you will find that tuning the firmness of the ride is important. If you are sure that you will be satisfied with a 2" drop, you could just get non-adjustable springs (Eibach Sportlines are a great quality set of springs as well) and then get adjustable shocks like KYB to adjust your comfort level.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GTSnut, what exactly are the K2 and R2 kits? Where can I find them? Got a link? Also, noone knows who that black GTS belongs to in the picture above?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.