NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last I knew, I couldn't get NOS bottle's re-filled in my state w/o knowing someone at the beverage/welding supply... because NOS is illegal in this and some other states. Anyone know anything about this?
I'd like to go NOS on my GTS but I worry about the hassle of finding refills.
////////////////////GTS////////////////////////////6sp/////////////////////////

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll look into this, this week and tell you what I find out. Three years ago I was told to go to a different state where it was legal. I'll ask around at the local track, too, and post my findings.

·
Registered
316 Posts
we have shops here in SC that have all sorts of setups and "refill stations". its ok to have in ur car, but u cant have it on (if u get pulled over.)

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
thats why you hide it!!!! get a sneaky pete for the road....hide it where the jack goes in the rear 1/4 panel....................like the lt1 boys doo. :) hehe. thats what i wanna do for street racin. i am a bastard what can i say.

·
Registered
470 Posts
in jersey u can have it in your car but you need a permit to carry

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
It's not legal anywhere. Let a cop see the tank and see if they don't write you a ticket for carrying explosive material w/out a permit. And if it's connected to the motor and they check...bye bye car. Experience Sucks.....

Wil

·
Registered
221 Posts
PhatCellyGT said:
It's not legal anywhere. Let a cop see the tank and see if they don't write you a ticket for carrying explosive material w/out a permit. And if it's connected to the motor and they check...bye bye car. Experience Sucks.....

Wil
Sorry, but I'm almost certain you're wrong. It might be illegal in some places, but I know for a fact not everywhere. I forget where I'm thinking of (I don't think it's here in Ohio), but you can have a nitrous setup in your car. You can't use it on the street, however.

Also, I'm pretty sure that under normal circumstances, nitrous oxide by itself is neither explosive nor flammable. All that it does is accelerate the combustion process. Don't, however, combine it with "sulphurous anhydride, amorphous boron, phosphine, ethers, aluminium, hydrazine, phenyl-lithium and tungsten carbide".

·
Registered
165 Posts
in Colorado it is perfectrly legal to have hooked up and everything, as long as the bottle isn;t open. remote bottle openers make this touchy, but basically, the cop needs to see that there is an poen line between the bottle and the engine to charge you---
now the fact that most cops are not up to speed on what they can and cannot do (or just don;t care) means that as soon as a bottle is seen, you can pretty muh plan on getting a ticket and then fighting it based on the reasons above.

·
Registered
470 Posts
pensfan83 said:

Sorry, but I'm almost certain you're wrong. It might be illegal in some places, but I know for a fact not everywhere. I forget where I'm thinking of (I don't think it's here in Ohio), but you can have a nitrous setup in your car. You can't use it on the street, however.

Also, I'm pretty sure that under normal circumstances, nitrous oxide by itself is neither explosive nor flammable. All that it does is accelerate the combustion process. Don't, however, combine it with "sulphurous anhydride, amorphous boron, phosphine, ethers, aluminium, hydrazine, phenyl-lithium and tungsten carbide".

i agree

1 - 20 of 37 Posts