NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have read other threads before about door actuators. while im inside the car if i press to lock the car every door locks but the driver side. so i read its the driver side door actuator. well i ordered a aftermarket actuator so i can swap out since i read it was so easy. i was looking @ this http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=247340 and the problem is i took of the plastic door panel and found no door actuator!! Need help guys and gals i have an appointment to get an alarm installed tom morrow afternoon and without the actuator im stuck!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
340 Posts
well i have read other threads before about door actuators. while im inside the car if i press to lock the car every door locks but the driver side. so i read its the driver side door actuator. well i ordered a aftermarket actuator so i can swap out since i read it was so easy. i was looking @ this http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=247340 and the problem is i took of the plastic door panel and found no door actuator!! Need help guys and gals i have an appointment to get an alarm installed tom morrow afternoon and without the actuator im stuck!:confused::confused::confused::confused:

It's there. The pictures in the thread you looked at are of an aftermarket actuator like the one you bought. The factory actuator is attached to the door with a few bolts, on the aft part of the door by the handle and lock.

Oh, and they can still install the alarm without a working actuator. All they do (or should do) is tap off the wire going to the switch in the center console.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is it behind the metal part of the door? because i took the plastic off then i noticed there are like two layer of metal is it behind that? any one have a blwon up view and can pin point where it is? its an 01 gt btw

ere. The pictures in the thread you looked at are of an aftermarket actuator like the one you bought. The factory actuator is attached to the door with a few bolts, on the aft part of the door by the handle and lo
ere. The pictures in the thread you looked at are of an aftermarket actuator like the one you bought. The factory actuator is attached to the door with a few bolts, on the aft part of the door by the handle and lo

·
Registered
340 Posts
the repair manual has a nice detailed illustration on how to take the entire door apart. and Yes, it's behind some metal. I think there is even a how to/install guide on here somewhere. Also, look at the TSB for the random squeeks and rattles. It shows you how to get to the door handle.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I opened the door again.. looked real good for it behind the other layer of metal also and nothing grrrr
i called the alarm place im going to end up going Tuesday and he said he could swap it out for an extra 25$

does anyone have a picture of the factory actuator? and where it is!

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
You can't see the actuator in that pic, it's all the way to the left inside the door, where you see those two black cables going in.

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wow so many people said that it was in plain sight on the bottom right hand side? so i just follow the two black cable ? to my left and there it is? can i remove that layer of metal ?

·
Registered
340 Posts
no, you can't remove the metal. There are 3 or 4 bolts on the AFT part of the door and I *think* two that you access through holes in the metal layer you want to try and remove. Theres step by step instructions in the repair manual...

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
Besides the bolts that are holding it to the door, there are two colored plastic retaining clips that attach to the door handle and locking mechanism. They will be a pain to get to, so if you're a newbie at this download the repair manual volume 2 from the tech info section.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.