NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new at all the performance talk going on in these threads, so it thought i would start this one.

i have been looking for the right headers to put into my 2000 celica GT-S. i want to put some decent parts into it, but mind the cost, im not made of money.

i saw on 2KRacing website(below) they have some wide ranges of headers, but they seem to look different, im not sure which one to go with, i was looking at spyder, but because of the price i dont know if its any good.:confused::confused::confused:

(http://www.2kracing.com/Category/Toyota/Celica/Headers.html)

if anyone has any personal experience with headers and what to do and not to do, please help me out. im all ears.:confused:

*and on a side note, are weapon R intakes any good? like this one?* http://www.2kracing.com/Product/42431.html

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you mean by PPE? im sorry i dont get it. im pretty new at all this

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think thats a little expensive for me. i would love to get that, but i know there are alternative solutions, im not a racer, just want a better sound for my car.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
^ If you just want a better sound, dont bother with headers.
Just get a nice axle back exhaust

Also dont go for weapon r stuff. Their headers arnt great, either is the intake.
PPE for headers and Injen for intake (or PPE intake if you are going to do a tune)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh well i have a magnaflow exhaust, i wanted to put in some type of after market headers...

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
well..., theres ebay

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
look at the top, i have a site where they have headers i was looking at

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
first off, welcome to the forum. Second, before anyone else bashes you, use the search button. there are so many HEADER threads i cant count them. and finally its HEADER we only have one HEADER

·
6k, 6.1k, 6.LIIFFFTTTT!!!
1,345 Posts
PPE is the way to go...
+1 PPE FTW

However it sounds as though you might want to go with a DC header or Weapon R if cost is a concern. :shrugs:

·
Registered
645 Posts
If u don't wanna spend to much then get a ported header from boosted. Best header for the money IMO

·
d(0_o)b
457 Posts
lol... hes right.. its not a v8...
unless you somehow managed to fit a v8 in that tiny engine bay.. then your right.. for you its headers.
a header wont make your car sound any different. personally.. im happy with the 4-2-1 from dc sports. it was one of my only options though because it came with a "carb exempt" sticker. i live in california, so when it comes to smog inspections and you dont have a sticker.. they'll fail you before they even test it because it has to pass the visual inspection.
soooo... if your worried about smog.. go with dc sports.. if not.. ebay is cheap.. but ppe is worth the money.. at least thats what i hear these days :p

·
Registered
908 Posts
What is the difference between redline addition vs regular PPE version? I have been searching and nothing. How about those VS the OEM pnp by someone on the forums? Forgot who, but apparently he has this secret that makes it better than others, can anyone think of him? Btw does anyone have a dyno sheet or proven gain of the pnp header?

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
What is the difference between redline addition vs regular PPE version? I have been searching and nothing. How about those VS the OEM pnp by someone on the forums? Forgot who, but apparently he has this secret that makes it better than others, can anyone think of him? Btw does anyone have a dyno sheet or proven gain of the pnp header?

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
port it - you're going to piss your money away on a more expensive piece when your stock one still has room for performance from porting.

Then just make sure the rest of your exhaust system is optimized.

TRUE power gains on this car will come from the intake manifold, high lift cams, high compression pistons, building the valvetrain to rev and proper tuning.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
why you bump a 3 year old thread?

if it's a GT. get the DC header, or OEM header but Ported.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
http://www.frsport.com/4---1-Headers-Toyota-00--Celica-GT_p_57195.html?gclid=CPOOtP3xiL0CFYFhMgod9T8A4Q just purchased these headers.. what do you guys think? open to any opinions.
I think this header fits MR2-spider.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts