NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got nearly 50K on my celi now and she is not stopping as nicely as she used to, nor does she ride or handle like she used to. Anyways, I checked the pads and they still seem to be fine but I have heard that getting 50K out of a set of brake pads is insane. Due to that notion I am debating on whether or not to go ahead and put on my new rotors, pads, lines, and flush the system or keep it as is and see how many miles I can get out of it without doing all of the above. So, my question to you guys, I don't care if you drive a manual or an auto, "How many miles did you average out of a set of pads under normal to moderate driving conditions?"

·
Registered
61 Posts
It all depends on your braking habits. I'm at 92K KM (~57K miles) and still working great.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
When I bought my car used it had new pads installed at 72,000 miles. It depends on what kind of driving you do, for instance mine was more of a comuter car so breaking was not very often. If you lived in the city in stop and go traffic they could only last for 20,000 or 30,000 miles.

·
Registered
386 Posts
just putting in a new set into the wifes car .. got about 30K out of them, axxis metal master pads

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
hijack question...i've never messed with my brakes so im still in the dark with one really easy question..im doing a complete brake setup and i've got everything ready to buy except brake pads..i know what brand to get i just dont know what comes with a normal purchase..the pictures show 2 brake pads for 63 for instance..am i purchasing just one set for a wheel or is that for both wheels? or are they even sets? is it just one brake pad for 63 and i'll have to purchase another one?

·
Registered
713 Posts
i bought my car almost two years ago and have never changed them. they still have almost all of the pad left. whatever kind of pads they are... they are amazing.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Whaa, I am starting my third set at 83K Km! (front only for now) However, the first set was still good (like 50% I think) when I changed it. I replace them because I got new disks under warranty because of a rust issue. Second set was TRD and they were at the end of their life when I replaced them (ask Many :)).

·
Registered
716 Posts
I changed the fronts 3 times and the rear 4 or 5 times due to other factors other than driving hard.

Out of the 3 times for the front, I would say it Needed it twice in 106,000 miles. 3 times is a charm (most of that time not stock) and I don't like to wear the pads out to mear millimeters. Rotors are another story.

I am running Project Mu B Force pads now in the front with the same Rotora rotors and some cheap $30 blanks and Hawk pads in the rear. If you needed to know.

·
Registered
878 Posts
ever since i got my car 3 years ago, i've never changed mine due to the pads still having a lot left :) 30k miles drived

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
I bought my car used so i don't know if they were ever changed, but if they wern't that have 127k on them and still stopping strong. The rear started squealing though so im replacing them finally

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Thor said:
I changed the fronts 3 times and the rear 4 or 5 times due to other factors other than driving hard.

Out of the 3 times for the front, I would say it Needed it twice in 106,000 miles. 3 times is a charm (most of that time not stock) and I don't like to wear the pads out to mear millimeters. Rotors are another story.

I am running Project Mu B Force pads now in the front with the same Rotora rotors and some cheap $30 blanks and Hawk pads in the rear. If you needed to know.
hey im about to purchase a pair of project mu pads and was wondering where you got them at and how much? i found a pair for 90..are the b force pads like the oem or are they for more autox or street racing?

·
Registered
716 Posts
I was lucky enough to get them cheap off E-Bay. I ran the NS pads for a while which I bought from a member of this site who works for Vivid Racing. You might want to check there also.

The B Force pads are stictly street in my opinion. Good on pad and rotor life with a same as stock cold bite. They are nothing great, but better than stock pads. Dusting is normal for this type of pad and nothing crazy.

If I raced ever so often and didn't care about rotor wear, I would definitely consider a more aggressive pad.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I currently have 105,000 miles on my 2000 Celica GT and still have the OEM stock pads. The dealer says that both the front and rear are down to 5MM. I drive my car hard, live up in the hills, and take it to open track events. Over six years have passed and I still haven't gotten a brake job on my car. Amazing....

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
My friends say I stop hard :( and I got my car used 30k miles ago. They still feel great.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts