NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we really need the hood scoop? Is it going to hinder the aerodynamics of the car? Some people say it for cooling the engine, some say it's for downforce, but do we really need it? Is there any future problems by driving without one? I thought of the idea when i was changing the oil so...just bare with me.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
hobie said:
Do we really need the hood scoop? Is it going to hinder the aerodynamics of the car? Some people say it for cooling the engine, some say it's for downforce, but do we really need it? Is there any future problems by driving without one? I thought of the idea when i was changing the oil so...just bare with me.
No you don't need it. Yes it will somehow affect the dynamics of the car. Yes its for cooling the exhaust manifold, no its not for downforce. Why would you be staring at your hood scoop when u change your oil, shouldn't your attention be under the car?

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
your car will explode.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
SickCelica696 said:
No you don't need it. Yes it will somehow affect the dynamics of the car. Yes its for cooling the exhaust manifold, no its not for downforce. Why would you be staring at your hood scoop when u change your oil, shouldn't your attention be under the car?
i can access everything from the top of my car for an oil change...

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
even taking off the drain bolt? wow, i want to know how cuz when i change my oil i have to take off my trd sideskirts then jack it up.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
hobie said:
Yep your from Fl this confirms it. The OT ers were right! Fl is worst than so cal :laugh:

You really want to know what will happen? your scoop will be removed

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
001s2000 said:
i can access everything from the top of my car for an oil change...
That sounds stupid. Why would you make more it work..

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
00gtsGETemHIGH said:
even taking off the drain bolt? wow, i want to know how cuz when i change my oil i have to take off my trd sideskirts then jack it up.
i had the same problem as you, which is why on my oil pan, when i did the rebuild i drilled a aditional hole, and welded a place on the other side for a drain bolt to go into. smart eh :p:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
dont loose the scoop it just seems like it would not match.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
hmm...so let me sum it up, no scoop = less drag, less lift, holes on the hood, doesn't match, it's stupid, sound stupid, looks stupid, your stupid, driving without the front end, car will explode, something about the drain bolt, and finally FL is worst than SOCAL. Thanks for the inputs guys.

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
at you got the most important one... your car will explode.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
00gtsGETemHIGH said:

Drive up on some boards that gradually step up, it will give you all the clearance you need so you dont have to take anything off.

Why are you changing your oil from the side of the car? I would think attacking the drainplug straight on would be much less of an awkward angle..considering there is that thing called a tire in your way.

·
Registered
726 Posts
hobie said:
hmm...so let me sum it up, no scoop = less drag, less lift, holes on the hood, doesn't match, it's stupid, sound stupid, looks stupid, your stupid, driving without the front end, car will explode, something about the drain bolt, and finally FL is worst than SOCAL. Thanks for the inputs guys.
oh god thats funny as hell...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts