NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
DopeCelicaGT said:
Even if corner balancing helps this the car was doing this before I switched over to the coilovers.
As everyone has mentioned it could be the alignment. It also could be the right-left weight distribution of the whole car. If you'll notice the transmission tends to ere to the drivers side. Along with the battery AND the driver!

I would expect some of this weight to affect the transient response between right and left turns.

If this is the case, then a corner balancing should be able to solve this problem. And I would corner balance the car before I got another alignment.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Well then you might not have any options. I personally don't know of any places down by your way.

One alternative, and it by no means is an accurate measure, is to set the car on level ground and measure the distance between the top of your rim and the fenderwell. Make sure the two sides for the front are as close as you can make them. This should get you as close as you can get to being the proper height left and right, given you don't have access to a shop with a corner weighting scale.

Like I said, this is VERY rough, as you don't even know the weight distribution between left and right, front and rear. But honestly, your problem wouldn't be any different from any of us that hasn't corner balanced their car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.