NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's my story:

i ordered a wheel and tire package from someone here on the site (to remain nameless for now). the order was as follows:

4 Enkei OR52's in gunmetal w/ polished lip
4 Yokohama Parada Spec II's - mounted and balanced
4 Hubcentric Rings
20 Tuner Lugs
4 Enkei Arashi Center Caps

Shipped to me for 1000 even.

When ordering he said "it'll take a few days for me to get them from the enkei warehouse, but we have the tires in stock so as soon as i get them i should be able to ship everything to you the next day.

about 2 weeks passes, no word from him.

i pm him asking about them and he says "we are getting them in today shipping out as soon as we get them mounted and balanced. sorry about the wait"

then another week goes by, no word.

i pm him and he replies "Zak please be patiant you should have them befor this weekend ill have a tracking number for you later on today or tomorrow morning. sorry about the wait"

another week goes by and he finally sends me a tracking number.

they arrive the following wednesday ( almost a month after ordering ) with the WRONG TIRES AND WRONG CENTER CAPS!!

what does he tell me? "I will get you new caps . i dont remember anytalk about yokohama tires since i have nothing like that on my invoice and i do remeber you wanted to stay at 1000 for rims utherwise you would be gone over with yokahama. so anyways i will give you 10% off your next purchase"

10% off my next purchase? what the fuck is that??!? why would i get something else that he can fuck up and take forever to send me? i had to drive on the tires because i needed the new wheels on for a trip to vegas (my stockers looked like slicks!), so i didn't expect him to swap them for the yok's, but 10% off? how does that make up for not just the difference in value, but performance (the part i'm concerned with).

then he sends me another set of center caps and says i can keep the first set (which don't match the wheels, so i guess they'll make great christmas tree ornaments or something), and guess what, the second set is IDENTICAL to the first one!!!!! i told him SPECIFICALLY which one's i wanted, and i don't see how one can confuse "Arashi tuner style cap" with "Enkei silver standard cap"

and now he hasn't responded to my last pm

**CLIFF NOTES**

i ordered some stuff, the wrong stuff came, and was replaced with more wrong stuff. now what?!?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Shot him and steal his wallet. Inside his wallet will be his credit card, take that and steal the rims you wanted.

This is all perfectly legal too.

Have fun with it......

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Red01GTS
Shot him and steal his wallet. Inside his wallet will be his credit card, take that and steal the rims you wanted.

This is all perfectly legal too.

Have fun with it......
believe me the thought has crossed my mind...

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
if he operates an actual shop, rather than just internet, you can report him to the Better Business Bureau. I would let us know who you are dealing with, so that we can avoid similar interaction w/ him.
If you put it on your credit card, report it as a fraudulent charge. Perhaps you'll get your money back. If it was w/ a check, tell the bank that you had one check stolen out of your check book. If it was cash, sorry man. Were the tires on the receipt? This guy doesn't seem to operate in a very professional manner. He screwed you, now screw him back. You wouldn't have to do any of this if he had just done what he was supposed to do. It should be a lesson in business ethics for him, not a stick up the ass for you.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by treeh8r
if he operates an actual shop, rather than just internet, you can report him to the Better Business Bureau. I would let us know who you are dealing with, so that we can avoid similar interaction w/ him.
If you put it on your credit card, report it as a fraudulent charge. Perhaps you'll get your money back. If it was w/ a check, tell the bank that you had one check stolen out of your check book. If it was cash, sorry man. Were the tires on the receipt? This guy doesn't seem to operate in a very professional manner. He screwed you, now screw him back. You wouldn't have to do any of this if he had just done what he was supposed to do. It should be a lesson in business ethics for him, not a stick up the ass for you.
well, i kinda wanted to give him a shot at fixing this without dragging his name in the mud, but i guess you all have the right to know anyway. it's Vitek at KOZZ TUNING. all i had seen previously was good words about him, so this was the last thing that i was expecting.

i'm pretty sure that it's an actual shop, they even advertise on this site. i asked several times but he never sent me an invoice (via pm, email, or with anything that he shipped me), so i don't have much from him in writing other than the pm's sent back and forth after the order was placed. i had placed the order on a visa debit card (i hate credit cards, they get me in too much debt!!), i'm not sure if it has fraud protection or not, i'll look into that.

it's not even like i'm asking for a full refund, or for him to swap the tires out (since i'm the one who made the decision to drive on them, but then if i didn't drive on them i would have had to miss a vegas vacation that i already had taken off a few days of work for, and that wasn't going to happen), i just want to be reimbursed the difference in value between the tires i wanted and the crappy ones i got, and the center cap issue resolved. not too much to ask if you ask me. :sadpace:

·
Registered
225 Posts
As i always say you cant make everyone happy . I have told you sevral times that if you got the wrong product. You should have called me right away and we would have straitened this problem out right away > But you installed the wheels and tires and after a week contected me that the tires where wrong > as many Retailers that sell wheels we mostly dont stock things like this and they get dropped shiped from other distributors such as Discount tire or TireRack . We talked about tire options and the Yokohames where over your price range and they would have cost over 1000 total wheel and tire price which was your purchase price .

as the center caps go if you look on the enkei website that is the ones you recieved ther is nothing on that website that calls a center cap " arashi" http://www.enkei.com/PerfSpecPAGES/or52Specs.html

as far as your "cheep" tires
you got
FALKEN FK-451 215-45-17 retail price is 100
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?ar=45&pc=28652&cs=215&rd=17
you " wanted"
YOKHAMA AVS ES-100 215-45-17 retail price is 110
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?ar=45&pc=43213&cs=215&rd=17

both tires have the same speed rating and same wear rating of 280

If you want Ill clear this up Ill mail you a check for the 40 differane you paid

Thanks
Vitek

·
Registered
22,454 Posts
Originally posted by aykut
kozz tuning is a great guy to deal with , best customer service , never had one single problemm
I have to agree. I mean its ****ty that it took longer then expected (most sales on the net do) and it sucks you didnt get the tires you were expecting but you drove on them instead of sending them back. Thats your fault.

I know the company I work for if someone gets the wrong parts and then proceeds to install them there not returnable without a restocking fee.

Anyhow Vitek has said he would make things right by giving you the difference between the tires you thought you ordered and the tires you received. Whats the problem?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by KOZZ TUNING
If you want Ill clear this up Ill mail you a check for the 40 differane you paid

Thanks
Vitek
if i want you'll clear it up? isn't that what i've been asking you to do since this happened? and then now, once i finally post something about it(which i waited a LONG time to do, giving you the benefit of the doubt that you'd fix the problem), you'll "clear this up"? i guess i should have brought this to the forum long ago.

i didn't contact you right away after getting the wheels because i didn't have time. they didn't show up until the day that i was leaving for vegas. i had to go 50 miles out of the way to go home from work and put them on, and didn't have time to deal with it right away because that ate up 2 hours time and i was running late, so i contacted you when i got back.

regarding the center caps, there are three different one's that i know of that are available, gold, silver, and chrome. i even told you where to look to see a picture of them http://whalentire.com/wheeldetail.cfm?wheelnumber=394-770-12AP&size=17 ,where they are listed as "enkei arashi and rsv style tuner cap". because there are a few available i wanted to make sure there wasn't any confusion. i guess you didn't go look because there is obviously no mistaking one for the other.

back to the tires. i NEVER, repeat, NEVER asked for you to change out the tires after i drove on them. i made the decision to drive on them knowing they couldn't be changed. basically i had 2 options; one- cancel my trip to vegas and wait another month (if i was lucky) for the problem to be rectified, or two- slap em on the car and deal with it. that's a no-brainer if you ask me.

my main concern is the center caps. right now i have two sets that are both like this

when all i want is one set that looks like this

who in their right mind would put a gold center cap on a wheel that's gunmetal, chrome, and polished silver? it's the ONLY spot on my car that has even a hint of gold, and it looks stupid. i'd be more than happy to get both sets that i have back to you once i have the right ones.

i know that you have a lot of happy customers out there, and all i want is to be one of them. i know this is a pain in your ass as well, and i'm trying to be reasonable about this; i don't think that i'm asking for anything more than i'm due.

Originally posted by larryd
Vitek has said he would make things right by giving you the difference between the tires you thought you ordered and the tires you received. Whats the problem?
this is the first he brought that up. previously he said that he'd give me 10% off of my next purchase. that would be great if i was planning on buying 400 bucks worth of stuff from him, but i'm not

·
Premium Member
4,518 Posts
that center cap that you want will not fit on the wheels you want , because it was meant to be bolted and not pressed in.
i have the mags that these bolt on to...

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
many said:
that center cap that you want will not fit on the wheels you want , because it was meant to be bolted and not pressed in.
i have the mags that these bolt on to...

mmmmm....TRD big brake kit! love'n it.....looks good man

1 - 15 of 15 Posts