NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what yall think of a V8 that cams HARD.??? are you intemidated?? could you care less??? do you just ignore??

:)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why dont you worry? the fastest cars in the world beat the freakin ground :)

and so you view a cammed car as being *******?? :(

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
You drive a camaro Z28 and you're asking if I think you're a *******? Look at your salad plate belt buckle, pal. You don't need a Magic 8-ball to clear this mystery up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
um.... i never really thought of myself as a *******... and i dont have a big belt buckle. i just wanted to go fast. the harder she cams the more potential she has :)

oh yeah... and the only music i listen to is techno... i dont think that is too *******. :)

mike

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
370hpz28 said:
um.... i never really thought of myself as a *******... and i dont have a big belt buckle. i just wanted to go fast. the harder she cams the more potential she has :)

oh yeah... and the only music i listen to is techno... i dont think that is too *******. :)

mike
you got a mullet???:chuckles:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Please dont turn this into a domestics vs. imports flame thread.. both types of cars are cool IMO.. a cammed domestic has a mean ass sound.. badass.. i'll take a fox-body stang 302 w/ a nice lopy setup... badass..

·
Registered
250 Posts
I think people who "cam" (must be a new ******* term) are idiots. That's just like watching someone do burnouts in the middle of traffic. Moronic if you ask me. Also proves they are trying to compensate for something much smaller. :chuckles:

The only time I'm scared of a "Cammed V8" is when it starts breaking down and the "cams" start flying towards me at the end of the 1/4 mile. :thumbup:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
when yall guys put cams in yalls cars does it create a different sound at idle like the domestics do??? i know that my car beats pretty good with just a cam. (different cam then what is in my sig)

mike

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WRENCHHEAD said:

you got a mullet???:chuckles:

and for this smart ass.... NO i dont have a mullet- actually my hair is really short and i use wax, and gel to spike it up all over. what kind of hair do you have??-- since we are talking about grooming.

oh yeah.... and this ******* wears A&F 85% of the time. stereotypers can kiss my butt.

:)

mike

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MicaCeli said:
The whole point of "LIFT" is that we can have a Street "Cammed" car and a Race "Cammed" car all at the same time................

Slava

i really dont see how the "lift" effect can create the aggressive lobe and ramp rates that are needed for a good performance output.... ( assuming that "out of lift" you are making "decent" power and low motor speeds on the street)

but remember that im a ******* and i have no idea what im talking about so just disregard my inquiry :-/

mike

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
493 Posts
you are looking for trouble....why would i feel intimidated if i see a v8 camaro...i just say i pity the fool the money he spends on fuel and why would someone go to get an ungly looking car like this? i find most domestic v8s having outdated looks.. ..plus most drivers get dangerous with them since is a known fact that most americans dont know how to drive their cars...

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Granted we dont have as much power as a good ol' v8, we will put more HP per litre than almost any other stock production v8. for example: Take the Z06 Vette. It has a 5.7L motor, and makes 405 HP. that = 71HP per Litre of displacement. out motor makes 180 HP from 1.8 litres of displacement = 100 HP per litre.

Lift is how our motors make quite a bit of topend power from not much displacement. our 11.5:1 compression ratio also helps a lot. We have a "street" cam for good low to midrange power, that gets good fuel economy. And a hotter "race" cam that comes on after 6000 rpm. this is where all the fun is at. It pulls all the way to fuel cut at 8400 rpm. so in effect we run 2 different cams, the "street" cam for cruising, good fuel economy, and NO lumpy idle. We also have the "race" cam for awesome topend power when we want to get on it.

BTW this should be moved to the Street racing forum...

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.