NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, in about two weeks or so, i am planning on getting exhaust and intake. I like the deep kind of tone. I dont know what to get. What combo is good. By the way, i have an auto gt-s, just incase that makes a diffrence.

Luke

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,866 Posts
Nakayama/BOMZ/Arospeed/eBay/etc. CAI and TRD exhaust. The CAI is exactly the same as the AEM CAI, which gives the most overall power when it comes to CAIs, and the TRD exhaust is the best performing cat-back exhaust.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I gotta go with the Injen cai (specifically 1st gen because you don't have to cut your ecu cooling tube) and the TRD if you want a good sounding AXLE-BACK exhaust. I have the Kazuma and yes it is loud, but coupled with a cai, it's sounds pretty badass. If you want something cat back, just go custom, it's hella cheap and still gives good hp gains.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thnaks guys, i htink i am going to go with the injen CAI and the TRD exhaust. IS there any places i can get the Intake for a cheap price. And remember, i ahve a the auto Gt-s which the CAI for the 6 speed will not fit the auto

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,866 Posts
Luke's Celi said:
And remember, i ahve a the auto Gt-s which the CAI for the 6 speed will not fit the auto
Actually, the eBay/AEM CAI will fit. A few people here have done it, and even though it's a tighter fit, it works fine. It would be a good intake to get since it increases low end power significantly, which the auto trans saps away. The Injen, on the other hand, stays pretty much equal to the stock low end power, and in some cases actually loses power.

·
Registered
486 Posts
go with the aem/trd combo. the aem cai will give you better low end and our cars lack that so it would be good to gain some torque

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so you guys are saying that i can get a AEM intake in my auto gt-s? Would it be like a special intake that its for an auto, or what? The import shop told me that i cant, but i dont think he knows what he is talking about.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so aem gives more low end power which is better for me. Also, what is the diffrence between a short ram intake and a CAI. I have been wondering this for a little while now. sorry for the trouble guys, but this is the only way i will earn.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Short ram fits in the same area as your stock box and usually gives about 1-2 HP less than the CAI. The CAI reaches down to the drivers side wheel well and gives more power. Sound output is about the same on both.

I have Injen short Ram and TSRM exhaust(removed the resonator) and I love the sound. Very deep and loud.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.