NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. how is everyone in these parts.. I guess the regualrs are still in here.. so little update.. I was cruising to a concert the other day and got into a wreck with a guy on an R6. Here's my story if your bored and wana read:

i'm driving on university just west of 417 and i hear the familiar sound of sport bikes. I look in the rear view mirror and see a group of them coming up behind me doing about 70MPH.. "ok" i think.. i ride bikes too so i know how it is... i just stay in my lane and cruise at about 45MPH.. a guy in an r6 lan splits between me and another car i'm looking directly at the guy and the bike as he does just to check the bike out.. and then, all of a sudden things go wrong.. the rider hits the right rear of the car next to me... counter steers, hits my left front bumper and then completely loses the bike and flys off of it infront of my car.. all of this is happening in slow motion, next thing i know he is tumbling infront of me along with the bike.. and i'm on my brakes trying desprately not to run this guy over.... last thing i want to do is kill someone. finaly we come to a stop and i jump out of my car, dial 911 on my cell and run to see if he is ok.. while making sure he's fine i'm telling the dispatcher where the accident occured. the guy riding was ok.. aside from some serious road rash... put it this way.. he's black... and his back shoulder area and parts of his back were white because his skin was ripped off.. his pinky finger was broken.. he was pretty much in shock... but the ambulance got him and took him away.. i was on the scene for about 2.5 hours... luckily i had maurie with me.. she handled it well.. lol (covered here eyes during the crash cus she thought i was going to run him over) finaly in the end.. my car has damage to the front bumper from the bike hitting me and some damage to the rims and tires from riding up on the curb in an attempt to slow down and not run the rider over...

anyways.. aside from that.. im working on my senior design project and should be graduating with my B.S.E.E. in a month if all goes well.. hope everyone is doing well here. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
Wow..
Its good to see you are still alive and well. Do you plan to stay in Orlando after graduation or move back home and find a job?

·
Registered
903 Posts
holy crap. poor guy but he was asking for it. So whos paying for the damage? man, EE? i got one more year before i get mines. Going for MS...its getting tough lol, but no one said it was easy.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
nice story, good thing you didnt run him over, would sucked thinking about that all the time. im leaving for the air force next month, thats about all thats new with me.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
wow, glad to read the wreck wasn't as bad as could have been. i dislike bikers who who show off or swear they own the rodes...and i'm thinking of getting one!

congrats on your upcoming academic endeavor and good luck!

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
analogvoid said:
Most likely hang in o-town.. there are alot of employers for me here. how's everything adam?
I'm moving out of gainesville and im jobless. Other than that its all good.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Long time no see Marc.

Sucks that your car got damaged. I don't feel sorry for people on motorcycles who are blatant on weaving in and out of traffic and going between two cars.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Marc when I saw your blog on myspace I was like oh crap he wrecked his bike, but I was glad to read that it was only minor damage to your car. I was looking through my phone and I just saw that I had a missed call from you on the 3rd. I was asleep. :gap:

BoyRacer said:
I'm moving out of gainesville and im jobless. Other than that its all good.
That sucks, hope you find a better job. Where are you moving to?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dude, I wouldn't blame you had you ran over this mentally challenged biker. He wasted 2 hrs of your time. Hopefully this guy has insurance, otherwise we gonna be paying for this rehab.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts