NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
For those with the GTS, that Avenisis rotor is only 20mm larger in diameter (.8 inches). I don't know how much larger the pads and caliper piston are though, so that could be the larger difference in stopping power. They may even fit behind stock wheels, anyone know?

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Sweet! When I wear my brakes out in another 3 or 4 years I know what I'm going to do! :lol:

·
Registered
376 Posts
If you follow the link I have posted you will find more pics but here is a mockup of the Avenis brakes with stock 16 inch wheels

Yes its only 20mm but so is the gt4 conversion. The caliper is much bigger and the pads are 1.5x times the GTS pads

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Very nice, I know what I'm doing in a few years! I had missed the link, apologies.

·
Registered
106 Posts
looking for these seem difficult. When i get on ebay, i find calipers but i cant tell if they come with or without the bracket.

can anyone help out? maybe post a link that will get both the front calipers?

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
NATIONAL CLUTCH AND BRAKE Part # NBD1324 For front rotors
But they ship from Britain for $87 shipping+$30 each. So just $150 for a pair of rotors that you can't find stocked anywhere in the US if you need one quickly and cheaply.

Calipers will suck since there's no core to send back. Better off buying some used, looks like the Corolla Verso also uses the same Caliper.

REMY Part # DC83474 Front left
REMY Part # DC83475 Front right

I'd scour ebay to find some or have someone in europe that can send some over from a wrecker. Looks like 03-09 Avensis with the 2.0 1AZ-FSE are what you want parts from. Shipping would be murder for something that heavy though. You're probably boned either way.

There are no US models I can find that use that rotor and caliper, later model TC (11 and up) may be a similar caliper but not the same. They do have a 296MM rotor, but it's the wrong lug pattern.

Avensis rotors are also 2mm thicker than Celica rotors.

Grand total price with shipping is $450 from rock auto without pads. Pads brings this to $511 with shipping. There's no performance pads listed on Rock Auto, you'd have to special order some from somewhere in Europe. I think this upgrade just isn't worth it for us in the United States and Canada. I'm pricing shipping to near Chicago btw, so may be a little more or less for different parts of the country.

High price, hard to replace parts, no performance pads or rotors easily available to us. I think this is a bust.

/rain on parade.

·
Registered
106 Posts
High price, hard to replace parts, no performance pads or rotors easily available to us. I think this is a bust.
I think im gonna have to agree. I think ill just keep at trying out some retrofitting with frs/brz brakes. And thats gonna include the rear brakes. I feel that would be a very ideal upgrade without breaking the bank.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
FRS/BRZ rotor info:
Type Vented
Diameter (mm) 292.00
Diameter (in) 11.50
Height (mm) 56.70
Height (in) 2.23
Nominal Thickness (mm) 24.00
Nominal Thickness (in) 0.94
Minimum Thickness(mm) 22.00
Minimum Thickness (in) 0.87
Hub Hole Diameter(mm) 58.00
Hub Hole Diameter (in) 2.28
Stud / Stud Hole Size 12.7
Studs 5+2
Bolt Circle (mm) 100.00
Bolt Circle (in) 3.94

Fits the following:
SCION FR-S (2013 - 2014)
SUBARU BAJA (2004 - 2006)
SUBARU BRZ (2013 - 2014)
SUBARU FORESTER (2009 - 2014)
SUBARU IMPREZA 2014
SUBARU IMPREZA 2.5 GT (2009 - 2010)
SUBARU IMPREZA WRX (2009 - 2013)
SUBARU LEGACY (2006 - 2014)
SUBARU OUTBACK (2005 - 2014)
SUBARU XV CROSSTREK (2013 - 2014)
Calipers look similar to a ST165 Alltrac Celica Caliper but larger, and are specific to the FRZ/BRZ. The height of the rotor looks to be way off though. So you need something else with the same thickness or similar (+/- 1-2MM), and the right rotor height with 5x100 and the same bore or some centering rings.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Usually shipping something heavy from there to here is about $100 USD.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Yes, shipping to the US is more expensive and we would need to buy Calipers as well since there are no US models with those calipers here. Calipers are heavy to ship as well.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Good news if the current gen Avensis brakes fit the Celica then the new Scion iM brakes will be here soon which is a rebadged Avensis.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts