NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
from what i've read, 6PSI seems to be the barrier (any more and you will be at risk of blowing something up)

edit: well i meant 6PSI consistantly (as your street boost lvl) i'm sure ppl have taken it higher for shorter periods of time

·
Banned
751 Posts
I heard 10 psi....most kits run at 7 i think.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
10 psi on 91 pump gas, BUT WITH alchy injection. That's the only way to go. Although when we were tuning my SF kit, we ran it at 10 psi consistently and had no detonation issues.

The alchy injection I requested as a safety net and also for the "cool factor." :D

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
I ran 11psi with my PFC. i could run all day long at 9psi and 11 at the track. I had no detonations problems...Its all in the tuning....But i can proove that 11 is the max...any higher and you will do this to your pistons.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
so does that mean with the right tuning with a PFC, one can run a 100 shot of nitrous and be safe (with colder plugs and higher than 91 octane)?
also a Zex 100 shot is really only about 90 whp since 100 is at the crank.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
NO NO NO Nitrous is an instant punch of power that can do damage...turbos build up pressure so its smoother....100 shot might break something...be careful

1 - 10 of 10 Posts