NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Winner
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I found it just chilling behind my head light. there is some torn up foam or padding or something wrapped half way around it and two wires running into it. Is it just a sensor or something?

*sorry about the picture. I took it with my phone. my friend has the cord that I need to get pictures off my camera.

·
Winner
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The red part is plastic. could it have something to do with the head light? this is the first time I've seen it and my head light just went out today. I'll know more tomorrow, or later today when I go to change the bulb

·
The Shenron Moderator
7,217 Posts
Is it connected to anything? Where do the wires lead to? If you could, get a picture during the daytime so there's more light.

·
Winner
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is it connected to anything? Where do the wires lead to? If you could, get a picture during the daytime so there's more light.
It feels like it's connected to something. it runs right up beside the brake fluid and then it looks like it goes toward the dash. I can't quite tell where it goes after that. I will definitely be able to get some more pictures tomorrow while I'm changing the light.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,880 Posts
TVIP alarm's piezo beeper? Usually, they are tie wrapped between the batt and the cylinder cover.

·
Winner
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TVIP alarm's piezo beeper? Usually, they are tie wrapped between the batt and the cylinder cover.
you mean like the high pitch noise when I lock/unlock the doors? I was thinking that too.

anyway. today was a fun day. we changed the bulb and in doing so we broke one bolt, cracked the head lamp (where it screws down), dropped one screw behind the bumper, and in the end ended up with one more screw than we started with :shrugs:and ultimately changed the bulb. but the good news is that we got more pictures

in case you can't read it is says floyd bell inc. columbus Ohio

·
Winner
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I just went out and found out it is the thing that makes the high pitched beep. I just put my thumb over the hole and locked the doors. lol. well at least we know what it is now

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,880 Posts

·
Winner
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
162 Posts
the only question i have is why did you remove the whole headlight assembly to replace a bulb. all the bulbs are reachable and replaceable without removing the headlight. did you replace the whole headlight?

·
Winner
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the only question i have is why did you remove the whole headlight assembly to replace a bulb. all the bulbs are reachable and replaceable without removing the headlight. did you replace the whole headlight?
no lol I couldn't get my hand in there easy enough to get the bulb back in so I took out the two bolts that you can get to without taking off the bumper so I could lift the assembly up just and inch so I could get my hand in there. but in doing so I dropped one of the bolts down in the bumper so I had to take off the driver side of the bumper so I could get it out. lol it was rather annoying but now both my head lights work so I'm happy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.