NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the new Import Tuner with the Blitz Celica on it....looks pretty badazz....only bad thing I could say about it is that they didn't paint the A/C controls. :chuckles:

Oh..and the fact that they STILL haven't disclosed how much power that thing puts down.

On to the main topic...what in blue blazes is up with all of the chicas.....I mean..they're just plain nasty as of late. Blah.
I'm not the nicest guy..but aren't import models supposed to have that special something that sets them apart from others?

·
Registered
386 Posts
true dat man... i been noticing that too... tuner isnt the greatest mag but usually you can count on good looking chicks on the cover.. the quality has been lacking as of late

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Huh? LOL....Actually..the only reason I bought the mag was cuz it had a Celica on it. :chuckles:

I've been prepping my FD for it's dyno-tune, I'm hoping to up the boost and put some good numbers down on paper. :gap:

I just got my fluctuating idle fixed (THANK YOU!!!) that was driving me insane, and picked up a Mazdaspeed Carbon Fiber shift knob for looks. I want a new bumper. :wtc:

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
I have the Idle from Hell. 1500 - 200 1400 - almost stall - 1600 - 1000. I need some tuning!

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Dude...adjusting the idle sucks donkeyballz. :wtc:

It took us like two hours of adjusting and test-driving to get it perfect.

We had to adjust the Throttle Position Sensor, the the ISC, and then the throttle cable, and then the AWS. Each one affects the other, and one little adjustment throws one other part off.

It was a PITA. Thank goodness I've got a PFC I could read the voltages off of...otherwise it would have taken a helluva lot longer.

I'll scan some pics up of the article...

·
Premium Member
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's the article, pardon the crappy scanning job, I did them in a hurry, 56k Warning!!!:

Enjoy...oh..and uh..ignore the writing on the cover..heheh. I don't think it's a collectors item or anything. :chuckles:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Thanks for the scan and post arch..

-Mike

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Some of them probably "work there way up to the top":naughty: :chuckles: If you know what i mean.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Thats APR-GT300 and that Supercharger is not working its just sitting there, does not have the ECU for it according to the owner who post at everythingcelica.com as GT300. Thats why there is nothing on the power side of the car.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
the only times i've purchased import tuner was way back in when i started getting into the scene and i wondered what all the magazines had to offer, and whenever a celica was featured...so therefore, not many times...turbo magazine is pretty neato - they have a lot more tutorials and general explanations for those still learning the ropes and widening of one's import horizon past the celi.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Da Kine Guy said:
The chicks not that bad on the one you got there. For being a model she could definately use a b00b job.

This chick http://www.importtuner.com/models/0209it_model/ takes the cake though. Ugliest cover spread I've ever seen. In the words of Simon, "It was absolutely dreadful" :puke:

This month's covermodel with the Celi is at least average. This chick with the dreads is probably the worst I've ever seen in any mag.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts